Reviewing benefits and circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reviewing benefits and circumstances

Options
georginacathersides
georginacathersides Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Gentlemen I look after is worried about letter he has received about is circumstances and benefit from the compliance offer as a career I sent I  information regarding is condition from the doc at hospital and now he is so so worried 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A complience letter means that DWP have either recieved info from someone that he hasn't declared all the info he supposed to, or it's to check hhe's claiming all the benefits he should be. If the person hasn't done anything wrong then there's nothing to worry about. The complience officer will most likely ask lots of questions and want to see bacnk statements in the very near future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • georginacathersides
    Options
    Thank you received second letter saying to do it over phone. As house bound Due to toilet need and also got told that there is nothing that hospital can do for him now which he sent letter 're condition  off is health which is sad and us heart would not survive operation 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with the compliance interview @georginacathersides and all the best to you both.
  • georginacathersides
    Options
    Well trouble is he lives under my roof as I care for him we used to be together years ago but grew apart and now I am in another relationship but in am still is career my relationship with new partner is very good and she understand that I look after him we do separate things we are just like brother and sister now yet I seam to get lots off grieve  now have to deal with this pls advisev
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @georginacathersides, I imagine it must be a lot of work and responsibility for you to care for him whilst in another relationship. As Poppy says, the compliance interview will likely just be to check that the circumstances you declared are still correct. I really hope it goes well for you both. Is there anything specific you're looking for advice on?

Are you being supported as a Carer? You may like to check out Carers UK- they have some really useful help and advice pages that you may be interested in. 
  • georginacathersides
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.