Assessment from capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment from capita

gem2018
gem2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi all, so I’ve been reading so much on here regarding PIP and I have one query, I hav not yet received my decision from DWP but I did get a copy of my report. Does the DM go off what’s on the report only? 
I worked out points from report as to what the professional was saying and ticked and this gave me 30points in daily living and 24 in mobility part. I’m querying as whether the DM can lower this and reduce the suggested points on assessment form. 
I’ve battled for years for PIP and last time in 2015 I scored 4 points total.... yes my conditions are a lot worse but I’m cinacle as to how the DM makes there points up and if I’m still not going to get anything. Thanks in advance x 

Comments

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @gem2018 Hi DWP do have the right to not agree with the health proffesson but it' very rare they do always seem to go with the assessors report so you should qualify for both enhanced components with those points I wouldn' worry at all ...Well done.
  • dee4848
    @gem2018 also the assessor gave you the points the DWP only look at the evidence your assessor wrote and look at the discriptors your assessor ticked then they add them up in total .
  • gem2018
    gem2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My friends has called pip for me and I’ve been awarded enhanced on both daily nd mobility, this is life changing for me and I’m still in shock and been awarded until nov 2020 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @gem2018, what a relief for you! Huge congratulations! 
  • dee4848
    gem2018 said:
    My friends has called pip for me and I’ve been awarded enhanced on both daily nd mobility, this is life changing for me and I’m still in shock and been awarded until nov 2020 
    Please remember that you will be reviewed a year before it ends but if you have just been awarded it I'm not sure when you are likely to be reviewed , maybe somebody can advice you on here.
  • dee4848
    edited February 2018
    dee4848 said:
    gem2018 said:
    Please remember that you will be reviewed a year before it ends but if you have just been awarded it I'm not sure when you are likely to be reviewed , maybe somebody can advice you on here.So you will be reviewed November next  year I think .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It should give a review date on your decision letter when you  get it. Don't confuse the awarded to to date with the reveiw date. Some short awards just end and you need to reapply

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.