Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
EllieStar1989
EllieStar1989 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
I got a letter saying about a tribunal but I don't know if it was for in person or for writing I emailed and over a week later I still have no reply I don't know if I should email again I can't use the phone because of my anxiety and I am scared to email again because on my pip report the assesor was saying I can do ianything all safely becausr and without pain because I use Facebook 

Comments

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    @EllieStar1989 Hi how did your assessor know you was using Facebook is this what you said you did ?
  • EllieStar1989
    Options
    She asked what I did in my spare time and I said I watched Tv and used Facebook and I feel it wasn't used againsy me I only use it because I struggle to leave my house and I am so isolated 
  • dee4848
    Options
    @EllieStar1989 That shouldn' mean you haven' got a disability surely 
  • EllieStar1989
    Options
    This waiting is so stressful and I don't know how long I have to wait 

• dee4848
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This waiting is so stressful and I don't know how long I have to wait 

Maybe others will help you , I don't know about appeals hope ya get sorted  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @EllieStar1989, sorry to hear that you're feeling worried- the waiting period can be really difficult. If you're concerned, you could try getting in touch again to see if there has been any progress?
  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    The assessor wrote in my medical report that I am able to sit and use a keyboard and so could do a job and work in that capacity.  I have heard that IF you can sit at a computer and press the keys then this means that you could do a job using a computer!  How ridiculous!! Not taking into consideration that I can only sit down for a few minutes at a time before I have to lie down again and then the pattern repeats. What employer is going to accept a member of staff having to lie down every 15 minutes or so because they are in so much pain due to severe osteo-arthritis in the lower spinal discs.     :(

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.