Advice regarding MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice regarding MR

Options
lindadenise
lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I could do with some advice regarding MR. I feel like the assessment provider Atos completely contradicted me in many ways. My 2 daughters help me with my medication as i forget to take it due to being in pain and tiredness. I have Cervical Dystonia which i have in my shoulders aswell, Fibromyalgia with constant pain and sleepless nights and i have Spinal Stenosis with Root inpingement. DWP reassessed me due to my condition worsening and said im no worse than 3 years ago. I did not have Back problems i can hardly walk yet the assessment provider watched me walk in with great difficulty on a crutch and my neck was shaking due to waiting for my neck injections so my head had a tremor and shoulders neck were going into spasm. He said i looked fine.
I was made to look a liar very angry and upset and to top it off i got 10 points 3 years ago only got 8 this time.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your experience @lindadenise, it must have been really disappointing to hear this outcome and I'm not surprised that you're frustrated. Have you begun the MR process already?

AdviceNow have a great tool for wording an MR letter which you may find useful, as well as Scope's advice on appealing DWP decisions. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • lindadenise
    Options
    Thankyou so much i have had severe back pain for 6 months its been absolutely horrendous. I am really disappointed with the way the Assessment providers and DWP treat what you say as if you are lying. I have never felt so upset  i was honest and did not lie about anything, my daughter came to the assessment with me and we both felt very uncomfortable with the man who was very dominant with me. He made my report look like there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. I had reports from neurologist and Neuro surgeon but they  seem to disregard anything i said. The DWP are failing the disabled and i am worn out with all the worry.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So sorry to hear this @lindadenise, and I'm even more sorry to say that you're not alone: many of our members have had similar experiences and I'm sure they'll be able to empathise. All the best for the MR, and do come back to us with any questions and we'll do our best to help.
  • lindadenise
    Options
    Thankyou very much 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.