DLA reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA reconsideration

Options
kath1234
kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
There is one thing that is really troubling. My son didn't get enough points to get the daily living allowance. On his behalf I sent the reconsideration letter with more evidence. I called for an update and they have just received more information from the assessor, surely all the information should have been there before the first initial decision??

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kath1234 and welcome to the community. I'm not, myself, an authority on this subject, but I notice your post is where it needs to be, in the Talk about PIP/DLA forum, and I am sure others will be along to answer your question. Bear with us, and keep in touch.
    If it helps, You have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.

Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is not unusual for the DM to ask for clarification on medical issues when an MR is requested

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Grateful01
    Grateful01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I was told that the PIP do not contact ur GP or any1 u may have seen at hospital etc..Gather as much evidence..up dated Dr letter..change of medication etc..and post this in and ask for case to b looked at again..but not until ur 'new evidence has arrived! 
    Good Luck x
  • kath1234
    kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I have sent as much evidence as I can in. The problem I have is they had to ask the assessor from the face to face for more information. Surely the whole and complete report should have been looked at before giving my son the decline decision. Only by the reconsideration letter being sent in they are now looking at the report...none of this makes sense. My son is now under a crisis team. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.