Lost my car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my car

sammy44
sammy44 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
edited February 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi there I’m so upset tonight I had a review for my pip and got told I only scored 4 points for mobility and that means I lose my car and I can hardly walk I need my car for hospitals every three weeks my anxiety has gone through the roof please help me 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sammy and welcome

Have you asked for a mandatory recon ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sammy44
    I’m going to yes this won’t do my health any good I need my car for the hospital I have to go every 3 weeks for an infusion 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sammy44, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear this, and especially that you're feeling upset and anxious at the moment. I really hope we can help. As CR says, it would be good to begin the mandatory reconsideration process ASAP. You might like to check out Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions for further information about the process, and do let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • sammy44
    Thankyou your really kind I’m feeling low today feel like ending things I need help to get me through this can someone help me 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @sammy44, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling low.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Oh Sammy so sorry you are feeling so low, please don't this experience overwhelm you.  I have been given a list of telephone numbers one I had phoned.It was Seap tel no 03003435704. Experiencing some of your feeling but feeling a little better since phoning Seap.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • sammy44
    Thankyou your so kind xx
  • sammy44
    I’m a genuine case I have sarcoidosis of lungs and eyes I get out of breath and a weak bladder and stiff joints I can’t get out of bath so my husband washes me I have to use a stick I’m crying writing this i didn’t even walk on my assessment st my home and only got 4 points I just can’t believe this has happened I’m so alone 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    So sorry to hear this @sammy44. I hope you know that you're not alone: unfortunately many of our community members have also been in similar situations, and we'll all do our best to offer advice during the appeals process. It was recently quoted that 65% of PIP appeals are successful, so there's definitely still hope. Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions, do feel free to ask.
  • Grateful01
    Grateful01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Sammy44..what way does this whole THING WORK????
    FORD TOLD ME 1ST..THAT AS I WASN'T AWARDED THE MOBILITY COULD I RETURN CAR ON ...CERTAIN DATE.....I HADN'T BEEN INFORMED BY PIP..BUT BY FORD!!
    KEEP TRYING AND I'LL B THINKING BOUT U
    GOOD LUCK
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Sammy 44 I hope you get this resolved and you are allowed to keep your car you so desperatey need hope all works out for you.

Colourfull.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • karen1201
    karen1201 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Sammy44
    I am new to this site, hoping to talk to others who have been having the same problems with PIP.
    I too had my mobility allowance cut from higher rate to standard and they took my car away, as I used my allowance to lease a motobility car. I was shocked with their decision and very upset  it would mean i was housebound I also lost my Blue badge. I spoke to the council who sent me for yet another one to one medical test and thankfully they agreed I needed the blue badge back, so that was worth doing. Now I am waiting for my tribunal (so far 6 months) to see if they will overturn the initial ruling x
    I hope you are successful  at your tribunal as well try to stay  strong x

• Johncomley
    Johncomley Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    This.pip seriously does not work.
    The old dwp was apparently far better. Now if you dont fit into a certain category your out.
    I know so many people unfortunately abuse the system.but for the genuine ones perhaps an interview with a real doctor as opposed to a non qualified person who if doesnt like your face your out. 
  • stephenjohn
    stephenjohn Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Things are never as bad as you think ,if you need to talk e mail me ! I will always listen xxxxx
  • sammy44
    That’s kind of you thankyou x

Brightness