PIP mandatory reconsideration notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration notice

Options

I had my assessment in December, 2017 and the beginning of January was advised I had no points whatsoever awarded, I have just received my reconsideration notice with 2 points awarded.

I know I can go to tribunal, this does not bother me, because I have won one before. Its just that

fighting with the DWP is such hard work. I am now 65 and someone has suggested Attendance Allowance.

As I have lost my PIP would they consider me for Attendance Allowance, because the questions look very similar to the PIP question sheet.

Has anyone any information to give me as what to do next.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi Susan and welcome

At the moment you can still win your appeal and if appropriate a mobility element.
    You can certainly apply for AA if your appeal fails but this does not have  a mobility element

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan_gascoigne
    susan_gascoigne Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, I never had the mobility element, so its not missed, maybe the appeal is the way to go forward,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.