Hi just had letter today been refused pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi just had letter today been refused pip

jankel
jankel Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just had letter today been refused pip 

Comments

• jankel
    I'm already in debt so when DLA stops in few wks time how do I live and pay bills eat etc  will lose pass and  badge council only pays 80℅council tax I need to pay other 20℅ I only moved to this house in Oct but can't afford to live in it if I and to claim job seekers 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jankel

It’s great to meet you today!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your letter from “DWP”

Can you please let me know if I can help/support you with your “pip” decision????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jankel, and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us.
    Admin will probably move your post from 'welcomes' to a PIP forum. PIP/DLA  are issues that crop up pretty much every day here, so there are a lot of resources.
    Please have a look, for the time being, at these two links:
    Talk about PIP/DLA https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla
    and
    Ask a benefits advisor, https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    I don't have specific answers to your questions, but others will be along who do and you will probably find valuable information in the links I've connected you to. And by all means look at the other links lower down the page and have a look around.
    Keep in touch!
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jankel, and welcome! So sorry to hear about your PIP decision. Are you appealing? If so, you may find our guidance on DWP appeals helpful.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @jankel

Have you asked DWP for a copy of the assessor's report?  
  • jankel
    I received assessors feprt with refusal letter I have sent in requesting mandatory decision she virtually lied I also had same assessor when I tried to get eta lst year when I had split from hubby and I got refused it
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering

jankel   I agree with you . it is not just the DLA or PIP money you lose but all the other benefits you lose out on . Life becomes  one big struggle .  Are you going to ask for a reconsideration ? 

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger

jankel   I agree with you . it is not just the DLA or PIP money you lose but all the other benefits you lose out on . Life becomes  one big struggle .  Are you going to ask for a reconsideration ? 

Ditto this. I lost my sdp linked through the care. I kept the edp as I believe that's linked to mobility. 
    Both letters arrived at the same time. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.