Mobility scooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility scooters

MITCH1949
MITCH1949 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
I'm 69 live alone with my shih tzu .I had a friendship with my ex wife until last year.iv osteoporosis but dont sit still ..off out up to 3 times a day walking bobby.I ache all over all day take tramadol gabapentin paracetamol like sweets.I'm thinking mobility scooter might be good have to be second hand,and adapted for bobby to sit on.(my 8 yr old shih tzu).I'm actively looking for sea side flat with housing association.stopped smoking 2009 still have the odd vape.stopped having pint with medication  that isolated me have decent neibours neice visits occasionally and that's it
ll

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MITCH1949 (and Bobby) and welcome to the community. Very glad to meet you.
    I was familiar with the name Shih Tzu but had to look them up on line to remind myself of their appearance, and aren't they gorgeous!
    I haven't got specific answers to your questions, but you might like to have a look at some of the conversations in https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/technology-and-equipment with regard to mobility scooters. It will give you a chance, too, to meet others in the community.
    Are you in a sea-side borough and looking to move a short distance? Or are you inland?
    If it helps, you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    And keep in mind that I'm just the first to reply to you. Others will be along in due course :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you and to Bobby,
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    Hi @MITCH1949, welcome to the community!

Having little Bobby riding along with you sounds like it could be so lovely! If you do get your mobility scooter and want to have it adapted then Remap may be able to help

I hope that joining this community will help you feel a bit less isolated - do let us know if there's anything we can help with.

The discussion group that Richard mentioned might be a good one to check, and we also have a dealing with chronic pain group that you might be interested in.

Please do let us know if you have any questions!
  • MITCH1949
    MITCH1949 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I'm OK i have bobby ,my neibour Helen ,and worked with the housing staff on the scheme I live on for 12 years, and we talk daily .but I miss having a pint a laugh,moaning in general with my mates,it's not just medication that keeps me out of what was my local cancer decimated our little band..I sit and daydream of sitting watching the sea the power of waves bobby trying in vain to catch a seagull.I think all English men have a infinity with the sea.

Brightness