capability to work every 6 months and then MR as assessor says Im capable — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

capability to work every 6 months and then MR as assessor says Im capable

catherinerichards
catherinerichards Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Why do i have to compleat a capability to work form every 6months then i have to ask them for a mandorty reconsideration because the face to face accessor says im capable for work all the letters that i send in to support my claim say im not capable for work, my stait of mind is so low iv tried to take my life on several occasion because of the stess that these forms and accessements make me feel.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @catherinerichards and welcome to the community

Im so sorry to hear how distressed you are about this, I can understand your frustration.

If you are experiencing ongoing suicidal feelings, you might feel as if there's nothing that could help. But there is support to help you cope with the problems that may be causing you to feel suicidal.

You can see the MIND website with lots of information and support and also you could call the Samaritans on 116 123.

Please do reach out and speak to people, you are important and people do care.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • catherinerichards
    Is there any help i can seek about all these assesements and forms i had to do im getting help from a psychrist for my depressive staite of mind which seems to be helping i just wish that the dwp would leave alone for a while, they'v had all my medical reports all of which say i im not capible for work as i suffer from meniere's disease and drop attacks which come suddenly with no warning so both of my hospital consultants have said i cant go out on my own unattended they have wrote letters staiting this and they'v had letters from my gp but every time i go to the face to face assesement they say im capible for work what can i do
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Catherine, @catherinerichards. Glad to meet you, but sorry you're in such difficulties.
    I am not a benefits expert but we have experts here, and they will be in touch with you in due course. Bear with us.
    Perhaps @CockneyRebel will take a look :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • catherinerichards
    Hi Richard thank you for your reply and thank you for looking to get me sum help as i dont no where to turn because of all the stress that the dwp and the face to face assesements put me though i have tried to take my own life on several occasions that is why the psychatrist is helping
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Catherine, @catherinerichards,  and I'm only too glad to be of any help I can. Unfortunately that is sometimes not a lot.
    Your post is very much in the right place here, so I'm hoping some of our experts will respond shortly. That may be affected by the weekend, I don't know.
    I'm just going to remind you of the lovely Sam_Scope's words earlier, regarding suicidal thoughts. As someone who has been there I can say it is not the way to go :) If I had succeeded all those years ago I would never have met folks like you, and that would have been a shame.
    Stay with us, Catherine. You matter. We're listening.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    Sam_Scope said:

You can see the MIND website with lots of information and support and also you could call the Samaritans on 116 123.

Please do reach out and speak to people, you are important and people do care.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi catherinerichards and welcome

Sometimes the CAB can give you advice and help with the forms
    Have you applied for PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • catherinerichards
    Yes i applied for pip and i was awared low rate liveing componant after i had to ask for a mandatory reconsideration even though i can't walk or go out without being aided by someone else

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.