Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum

Universal Credit

sallylucy Member Posts: 10 Connected
edited February 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
I had my Universal  as Credit health assesment on Jan 17th, assessor said to my son who took me that he wouldn't put me through any more as I had top points. I know nothing about UC was on bereavement benefit for a year after my husband died and have been on basic UC since, any idea how long it take before I hear from them. thank you.


  • sallylucy
    sallylucy Member Posts: 10 Connected
    I will be 60 in July.
  • Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Welcome to the community.

    Hopefully Pippa will be in touch soon and will advise you on what to do. She is great in reaching out to people, just like Steve, Richard will. 

    There is also a great Scope Community Team and they really know their stuff and do care about the users on this forum.

    I hope your 2018 is fantastic.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sallylucy, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

    I'm sorry I don't have a more concrete answer for you, but the UC wait times currently seem to be varying between 2-8 weeks at for a decision to reach you, depending on where you live. If you're concerned, you could always try getting in touch with the UC helpline for an update on your application? Do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any assistance!
  • sallylucy
    sallylucy Member Posts: 10 Connected
    I recieved reply I have been put on LWRCA in UC for 2yrs I am grateful for this, but my husband died of cancer 16 months ago my son was claiming carers for me but it didn't work out as I saw him about once a week if that, I have no one I know who can claim carers for me and you cannot get Severe Disibilaty Premium on UC I desperately need help xx


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.