Support with parking/dropped kerbs etc at home — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support with parking/dropped kerbs etc at home

Sian70
Sian70 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi everyone, i have a few medical issues and i am a full time carer for my husband who is now an amputee with many medical conditions as well. 

Comments

• Sian70
    Sian70 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I would like to ask if anyone can give some advice please. We live in a council property which has been adapted ( some adaptations cannot be done) and have had a ramp put in for front door. But there is no parking space for our car, we don't have  a dropped kerb - the only house on the estate that doesn't have one - and we do need it. Otherwise i have to unload my husbands wheelchair and he has to transfer in the road.
    I have had forms to apply for a dropped kerb but do i have to pay the application fee because it is the councils responsibility? 
    Also, another question, sorry just getting this all out! 
    Is there any way or somewhere to help with costs to have a hard standing done outside our house  for our car, as the OT in council have refused. I have asked them to send me a letter stating their reasons but have yet to receive it. 
    Many thanks in advance.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sian70 and welcome to the community. I am glad you found your way to us.
    You said, "sorry, just getting this all out!" You have nothing whatever to apologise for. Listening to you, short posts, long posts, book-length novel type posts (though not the best) - we're here and listening.
    Now I don't have the answers to your specific questions. I'm relatively new and have a great deal to learn yet, but there will be others here who either have the answers or will know how to get them. Just bear with us, if you can :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sian70

Welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness