Can DWP overrule the courts decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can DWP overrule the courts decision

phil123
phil123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i had a pip appeal on the 18th dec 17 . i was awarded standard rate day to day care and enhanced mobillity .both awards have been classed as innapropriate to fix a term. on the 23rd dec i recieved a letter dated the 13th dec to start a review . i phoned the dwp who said i had to fill the form in usual as it could affect my benefit but it will go no further when they realise i had won the appeal . i have just recieved a letter saying i have an assessment in my home tomorrow . can they overrule the courts decision ?.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi phil and welcome

The DWP can re-asses any award at any time. The tribunal did not recommend a review date which has left it open for the DWP. On your original decision letter was there a reveiw date ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • phil123
    phil123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    hi thanks , there was no review date but said mr ? is entitled to the mobillity at high rate  component at the enhanced rate from 25/10/16 .it is inapropriate to fix a term.same for day to day care at standard rate .since i have sent the forms in, the dwp have sent me a letter saying i have been awarded these benefits till at least dec 25 before they reassess me .8 years . it seems to me this is the assessment agancy trying to make money .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.