Worried about losing ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about losing ESA

jack17
jack17 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone i'm new here and hope i can get advise if ever i need it...thank you.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jack17

Welcome! :)

How are you?

We all are here for you, to help and support you anyway we can :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jack17 and welcome to the community. Very glad to have you aboard.
    Whatever your own experience is, there will be people here who have been through similar things. Never exactly the same, of course, because we're all unique. But it means that you are among friends here, so don't hesitate to tell us anything about yourself or ask any questions.
    If you are interested in chatting to others and joining in the conversations, you might like to look through the category list here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories
    and you can always talk to us here.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• jack17
    Hi Ami...i'm o.k in myself but stressed about whats going on with the DWP and ESA...

Jack
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jack17

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    Hi Jack, @jack17 and good to hear from you again.
    What's going on with the DWP, ESA and other benefits, is stressing me, and I'm only reading about it in posts similar to your own. How people cope who face it day-after-day I struggle to imagine.
    Do you have an application in, an appeal, or anything of that sort that we might be able to advise on? If just talking helps, we're here for that too.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • jack17
    Hi Richard i had my disability medical in september last year...the interviewer seems to take no notice of my ailments and wouldn't let me explain my ailments..i had my dla taken from me and got the lowest PIP payment...i was so depressed i couldnt cope with appealing and had no one to help me as i just live alone...i recently recieved a form/boooklet to fill in for my ESA and feel they will take this away from me also..i'm just dreading the interview...i dont know how i will manage if they do take anymore money from me.

Regards
                  John
  • JennysDad
    Hi John @jack17 and thank you for getting back to me. This message system doesn't like expletives, but there are a few I would like to direct at the people behind this.
    Now; I am not an expert on benefits but we have people here who are. Bear with us and I am sure they will be along to talk to you soon. If it is appropriate, you should think about appealing but this time you won't have to do it on your own. We have expertise here, and resources, and we can direct you to others too.
    I'm going to drop a tag in here to @CockneyRebel in the hope that it may help bring him to your post.
    So again, bear with us, and try to keep your chin up (though I know that's one helluva battle these days) and get in touch with me if no-one responds soon. And get in touch with me, too, if you just want to chat or to sound off. I'm here, listening
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.