How long do they take after p.i.p assesment has been done? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do they take after p.i.p assesment has been done?

Options
elmo67
elmo67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long do they take after p.i.p assesment has neen done?
Morning

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I heard after about two weeks but it can take longer.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @elmo67, morning and welcome, once you have had your f2f wait a week then phone DWP and ask for a copy of your report, this takes about 14 days to arrive once requested. On reading the report you will be able to work out what your award is most likely to be. But you still have to wait for the official award letter to arrive, which can be up to 8 weeks or longer depending where you live. But if the report does not look good you will have time to sort out and prepare for an MR or appeal way before the official award letter arrives. You will be able to pick out all the points that you think are inaccurate or falsely recorded in your acessment. 
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    Options

My decision letter was dated 7 days after the assessment , and arrived about 2 weeks after the assessment. .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.