Re assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re assessment

thgun
thgun Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I have recently had a re assessmet and scored 0 this time on all counts. My first assessment  I got two points for wearing an hearing aid. I appealed in court and I won low rate mobility no care component. I feel this will happen again. I am currently going through a mandatory reconsideration. The report information was incorrect in places and i was discriminated against to. I suffer mentally not physically. This assessmet is geared towards physical health as apose to mental health. I asked the assessor who came to my home to read the letter the courts sent me when I won the appeal and she replied I am not here to read letters only to assess you. I won the award because my condition affects me traveling 24/7 on puplic transport without an aid or support and as for driving I’m not allowed due to my condition, and with a past history of epilepsy and with me becoming ill in the late 90’s I have never leaernt to drive. With these issues it limits me to were I can travel making it difficult to find work. I was in a part time job for 24 years untill made redundant two years ago. And yes my condition also makes it difficult to work full time.

In the assessment report they said I showed no signs of neglect, learning disabilities, cognitive, and was well nurished. Is there picture of someone with mental health then: under nurished, cognitive has learning disabilities and neglected. When I read this I felt insulted. They also got it wrong about my meds too. And because the assessor did not read the letter awarding my case the DWP are saying my circumstances have now changed and stopped my pip with immediat effect. So it looks like I will be going back to court.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering

Hi @thgun

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having with PIP. You said you're going through a mandatory reconsideration, have you already requested one?

If you haven't, we have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on MRs. You may find the following video on mandatory reconsiderations of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please do get in touch.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear this @thgun - so many people tell us that the assessments cause a lot of distress. 

Do you need any support with appealing their decision?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thgun
    thgun Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi thanks I am getting the CAB in Oakham to help me write a letter. The CAB in Melton Mowbray where I live was no use he only they only have one worker and sre part time. He gave me written prompts and I I'm expected  to write the letter myself as my first letter was not sutiable he said. Oakham is only 10 miles from me and I've used them in the past. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.