PIP Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
wrinkly65
wrinkly65 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
Hi I posted earlier today but think did in wrong section so excuse me if repeating.not sure I understand advice and procedure correctly. Had decision letter need to do MR , short on time to prepare and state case, gather new and additional evidence etc. Also my son has relapsed and has medical appointments and even a minor op during this time.He suffers from Fibromyalgia, severe anxiety and severe depression. Will  sending letter asking for MR and requesting evidence used and assessors report and asking not to take further action until can respond and provide  override  'all must be done within one month of date on letter '. I  really cant see us getting done otherwise .

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    wrinkly65wrinkly65,

It's fine to send an MR request asking for the DWP to look at the decision again. You can simply say that you think he wasn't awarded enough points. You can explain that you are going to folllw it up with more evidence & details info about the points later.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.