Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

mandy37
mandy37 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I got kicked off for nothink

Comments

• mandy37
    I've got mental health problems with m3 and I'm diabetic type 1
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger

@mandy37
    hi and hello, PIP is not a benefit for illnesses, it is a benefit to help with your daily living and mobility. As you filled in the questions on the pip form it asked can you do this or that if not why not. And you answered the reasons that prevented you from doing the task in question. The same with the mobility questions how far can you walk ? Ect again you where given distances as a guide. So it sounds by your question that the answers you filled in on the form and gave at your acessment confirmed the acessor and  decision makers to award you no points. 
  • mandy37
    Yes but I've cairnt get out off the flat I suffer with ligament in my knee and panic attacks 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    mandy37mandy37,
    When did that decision get made? You can ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if you need to.

Also, ALL PIP decisions are being looked at where it's possible a mobility component award should have been made, or could be higher, for planning & following journeys. So if you can't go out due to panic attacks, and you aren't getting the mobility component, your decision should be being looked at as part of that review in any case.
    That exercise could take a while though. 

If it's PIP you are talking about, and you're not getting any money at all, I'd say your options are to challenge the decision, or maybe to claim again? There's no limitation in having another go when it comes to PIP.  If you can get a local advice agency to visit you at home to help you fill out the form, that could really help.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• mandy37
    Thanks very much I've put in a appeal it will take 23 weeks so what am I ment too live on untill then 
  • mandy37
    The 11th off January 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello mandy37

You have posted 'what am I ment too live.' Do you have any income? 

Unfortunately, PIP appeals are taking a long time.  You can ask a tribunal to hear your case quicker, but they will need to see a very good reason why they should hear your case quicker or why your case should take priority.  You would also need strong medical evidence to support any such request, and this medical evidence would need to explain why waiting is causing  a deterioration in your health.  

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• mandy37
    Thanks I'm on low rate esa

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.