DLA to PIP? short fall? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP? short fall?

madambutterfly_1
madambutterfly_1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
I have been awarded pip but am on dla it will end December 19 I get the standered rate s well as the living bit as well but would I get it a top up to make up the short fall of dla I started this claim on 2 October 2017  thank you

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello madambutterfly and welcome

Sorry to say but your PIP award will take over from your DLA and will only be paid at the rate awarded on your decision letter and no top up.
    If you are not happy with your PIP award then you will need to challenge the decision by submitting an MR

Please do come back if you have any other questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry for all of you moving from DLA to PIP the benefits are totally different from one another. The DLA focused on your disabilities whereas PIP is all about your ability to cope and manage things in your daily lives. When you applied for PIP the form you filled in asked you part one, can you do this or that if not why not. It was in this part you have to make your point as to why you are unable to do the tasks being asked in the questions justiffing your answers. And part two the mobility part again you where asked how Mobile you are by how far can you walk. Again you have to justify how far and how often repeated in an normal manner can you move the distances asked, if you are in pain or have to rest evert few yards then you have to make a point of it. A lot of acessment centres know how far it is from bus stops, car parks rail station if you use public or your own transport, so when they ask how did you get here they know how far you will have had to walk to your acessment. I know it's a bit blunt and a mater of fact again I hope it's helpful.
  • madambutterfly_1
    madambutterfly_1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanx for the replies I wish theDWP would send their letters so a person can understand them 
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    In total agreement
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    In total agreement

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.