PIP declined despite 2 new diagnosis and worsened condition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP declined despite 2 new diagnosis and worsened condition

Options
LesleyHarte
LesleyHarte Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Any ideas how I can get my Pip back, its been declined and my condition hasn't changed only worsened and I have 2 new diagnosis to add, but I had a midwife assess me, took her less than 30 minutes! 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Lesley @LesleyHarte and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us.
    I am not an authority on PIP, but I know that we do have experts here and that they will get back to you as soon as possible. Admin will probably move your post to the forum 'Talk about PIP/DLA', to give it better exposure, and you will find many in that forum in similar circumstances to your own. So you are - believe me - among friends.
    Bear with us, and don't hesitate to be in touch if you want to ask any questions or just to chat,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LesleyHarte
    Options
    The new diagnoses will be irrelevant unless they have led to an increase in your mobility and daily living needs. Arguing that you have deteriorated is also a double edged sword as they can only look at you as you were on the date of claim so any deterioration would not be taken into account. Better to argue you were bad enough to qualify in the first place in the first instance. 

You need to do a mandatory reconsideration within 1 month of your decision and use the many tools available online to self assess and identify how many points you ought to score so you can identify what the DM did not pick up. Also, there is now caselaw about the need to for DWP to explain a different award. That will come in handy further down the line.

• LesleyHarte
    Options
    Hi mike thanks for the reply, this is a reassessment asamya PIP was due to run out end of September, my new diagnosis has reduced my mobility and self care dramatically but the assessor wrote things down that I had not done, and none of the information that myself and my husband told her!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.