I let a friend use an old bank account — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I let a friend use an old bank account

lisabella
lisabella Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Compliance officer at dwp ask to see my bank account and sign to say they are my only ones . I let a friend use a old unused one so he could be paid Bank as his as only a basic account . He told me last week he was still using it and I have now closed it down . Can I get in trouble I can prove it was not my money going in but I'm worried . Thanks I'm advance 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hi lisabelle and welcome

An unsual situation but as long as you can prove that the money wasn't yours and that your friend was not trying to deceive anyone you should be ok

Have you been asked to attend an interview under caution ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lisabella
    No but why do they normal get in touch for no reason
  • CockneyRebel
    It is not for no reason if they have been notified of unusual or undeclared transactions. Albeit you were helping a friend, the DWP will only have seen money going into an account in your name

CR
  • lisabella
    But it was tagged his name on the wages and not in my name . Can I get in trouble for lending him that account to use 
  • CockneyRebel
    You have done nothing wrong, as long as you explain the situation you will be ok. You should not get in trouble for helping a friend

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.