Rang Dwp re assessor report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rang Dwp re assessor report

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
phoned Dwp and the said they received the assessors report on 22nd Feb. So much for the promise of send  a copy of assessment straight away.  Requested a copy to be sent out and was told it could' be  until a decision was made.  Are they wrong, why did the first person I spoke to say a copy would be sent out straight away?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• charlene
    Sorry it's for pip.
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi @charlene

Are you in Northern Ireland?
    Shady.
  • charlene
    Hello I'm in the sw England
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Ah,

In the North of Ireland we are not allowed a copy until the decision has been made, maybe it's the same where you are. :neutral:
    Shady.
  • charlene
    Hello, I  live in Bristol.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi I live in north west England and was told the same in January following an ESA  assessment, the person I spoke to said they had the report but could not send it out to me yet because sometimes the DM may need to send it back to the assessor to be changed.

The outcome of the decision was good for me but I still wanted a copy of the report so called to request one, I was then basically told you have had a decision that went in your favor so you don't need it.  I had to argue that I was still entitled to have a copy and got it in the end.

From what I have read many people have rang a few days after their assessment and received the report soon after (before a decision).  It may be worth calling again as I think it very much depends on the person you speak to at the other end of the phone and how knowledgable they are.  I think this is much the same for PIP and getting the report in advance can be useful so you can plan ahead.

The first thing I knew about my decision was a payment into my bank several days before I actually got the letter.

Hope this might be of some help X
  • charlene
    Thank you for your very detailed reply. By what was said it looks as though I might hear about my assessment. I will however try again today.

how people cope with all this stress I don't know.  I have developed a sore eye, I never have problems with sore eyes!  Thankfully my fibromyalgia has calmed down somewhat.  Sending good luck and best wishes to all who have been traumatised by this  dreadful experience of claiming  their entitlements.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    In England
    PIP reports should be  available within a week
    ESA reports generally won't be sent before the decision , but you can ask

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I had my f2f in October 2017 rang a week later request a report, after several weeks and two more calls the report arrived and I worked out my award but ha to wait till mid January to get award letter which was as exspeced. Was told back log of claims hence the delay.

Brightness