PIP TRIBUNAL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TRIBUNAL

beves
beves Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I'm panicking I received my bundle of papers from the DWP 3 weeks ago and yesterday my appointment with CAB was cancelled due to the weather, and now my next appointment is the 14th March, and I'm panicking about getting my statement ect to the courts, I've been making notes about my assessment and the 2 decision's I had and there is a lot of info that is wrong with them saying I've done things when I haven't and refused my physical which I was never given one ,lots more things, can anybody advise me what I should do, I'm worried about the lenthl of time this is taking. Thanks much.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beves and welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us. And I'm sorry to read you're having such a struggle.
    I'm not an authority on PIP but we do have people here who are and they will get back to you soon. For the moment I'm going to try to place a tag in here which I think may get the attention of somebody knowledgeable. @BenefitsTrainingCo
    Bear with us.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Beves

First of don't panic
    Ring the tribunal clerk and explain, it shoulsdn't be a problem with an extension as the waiting time for hearings is months rather than weeks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • beves
    Thank you CR when I write my statement to the courts do I have to send my DWP bundle of papers with it, I thought the court receives a bundle as well and do you know how long I have from getting my bundle to sending my statement to the courts, I feel a bit thick not knowing anything but I have no family or close friends an haven't been able to talk to cab as my appointment was cancelled by them during to weather next appointment 14th march, feel as if iveI been waiting for ever.Thank you much.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi Beves
    No problem
    No you keep the bundle but in your written submission. As soon as you can send your submission you should do so but you can still submit further eidence up to 7 days befor the hearing.
    Use the bundle to reference by page and paragraph every descriptor you are challenging. I have a posting on

http://www.youreable.com

it is a sticky " appeals do not have to be scary " which may help

Please do come back with any questions

CR

• beves
    Thank you CR, I'm going to try to finish my submission this weekend and get it sent off early next week, I'll feel better once that is done, itself as if imI on the right track now thanks to you take much.
  • CockneyRebel
    Please feel free to ask any questions over the weekend and I will try and help as best i can

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.