Urgent advice needed can please someone help me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent advice needed can please someone help me

beverleyhope
beverleyhope Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, my name is beverleyhope!  I suffer from mental health and physical disabilities, I'm 48 years ol
I am in desperate need of some help, due to my mental health disabilities I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks when dealing with any post and it is normally left until my daughter visits me.
I have received a letter to say my PIP has been stopped as I did not return a review form, my daughter has gone through my post and I never received it, she did find a reminder letter about it.

I am distraught as she had to go back home she lives away and this isnt sorted :-(  they have told me my car will be taken away and I only got it last July and paid £1000 towards it.  This is the only means I have to get out.  

I rang PIP  and they said until they receive form back I will not get any money.  They said they would post another one out to me but due to the weather conditions I havent received any post all week!  

I would greatly appreciate any advise on this matter, this is causing me to have major panic attacks and my anxiety is through the roof.

Thank you in anticipation of a swift helpful reply,

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi beverley and welcome

Please don't panic
    You have done the right thing by ringing them. Letters usually take 7-10 days.
    If  it is a review form it will give you choices of whether things are better worse or the same
    You may want to have a look at the B&W self test as a reminder

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @beverleyhope,

I'm sorry you're going through this tough situation, I hope some of the great advice from CockneyRebel and Victoriad will help.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch
  • Shakey06
    Shakey06 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    When ever you get letter telephone them explain your circumstances to them if it was an review of your benefit to see if your health is either better or worse. Just ask them if you can extension of getting more information about your condition and telephone welfare right www.welfarerights.net/home.php and explain if you contact them or having no joy come back here and we will help you. And also if are in housing association you can go to local council and apply for housing benefit and council tax and put a nil income claim that will keep your housing benefit going and your council tax at low rate you can of course tell them a max of £1 per month  while  you wait for an answer out come of your pip and if also you need help paying gas and electric, water ring them up and ask for a hardship forms. Any volunteer organisation near you you can apply food bank 3 times a year if there any question come back to us ok in the meantime don't get stressed out. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.