Harrassments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Harrassments

sheijetha
sheijetha Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I moved from previous accommodations to a new locations. My previous neibours are following me here plus even at my friends house far out. How can I stop them. I reported to the Police but it doesn't seem like any changes. Please advice

Comments

• sheijetha
    edited March 2018
    I am living in a sheltered accommodations. I was getting harrassed by neibours at my previous neibours. I moved to another area same housing. They come over here stays with their friends same people used to harrass me there. Since I moved to New address increasing these young people used to make my life he'll, lives here and those from previous neibours came here on the 3rd day I moved here. They are making my life miserable stocking me to my friends house all nights harrassing causing disruptions at his house too. 

I don't know what shall I do to have a pieceful living nor sleeping since these people come since first week of my move. Can someone advice me what can I do? 
  • sheijetha
    How can I get a accommodation somewhere else. I am being harrassed here by previous neibours still following here too after harrassing me I 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sheijetha

“Good Evening” 

It’s great to meet you today.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

You really really need to contact the “Police” If this is still going “on & on & on”

Please please let me know if I can help you further?????

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sheijetha and welcome to the community. I am very, very saddened to read of the difficulties you're facing.
    Can I ask if the police have been involved in this?
    I am not quite sure where to direct your enquiry, but I'm going to tag someone in who might be able to offer you advice. Any chance @Debbie_Scope
    Warmest best wishes, @sheijetha. Hope we can help you get this sorted.
    Richard
  • JennysDad
    Hi @sheijetha
    I responded to your previous post, not knowing that you had consulted the police. We will try to get back to you soon.
    Richard
  • sheijetha
    I went to the Police they donot help in my situations. I am so stuck that I cannot move anywhere else. Really need some support with my accommodations. Can anybody help me with my nightmare?
  • JennysDad
    Hi @sheijetha
    I responded to this post, then saw your second where you mentioned that the police were involved. Leave this with us and somebody will get back to you.
    Best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • sheijetha
  • steve51
    Hi @sheijetha

I’m very very sorry to hear that the police haven’t helped you as that’s what they are there for in the first place.

I have posted some info below.

helpline:
    0808 800 3333

emai address:  helpline@scope.org.uk

Please please contact us hopefully we can offer you some help/support???
  • sheijetha
    Can you please guide and help me with anything. I want to move out of this horrors
  • steve51
    Hi @sheijetha

Yes I will forward your post onto one our “Housing Advisor” who will hopefully  be able help you.

Hi @Debbie_Scope

Can you please help me with this post?????

Many many thanks.
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @sheijetha,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're being put through and that you haven't received the help you need. It's horrible that those people think it's okay to act how they are.

You said you're living in sheltered accommodation - is there a staff member that can help? 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @sheijetha,

There are other courses of action you can take against harassment.

There's civil action as well as criminal proceedings so please see the pages 
    Taking action against harassment by Citizens Advice.

It's a good idea from @Lasian_Scope to talk to the warden (if you have one) at your sheltered accommodation. They will be able to help you and make sure you're safe.

If you need further advice please do get in touch with us at the helpline and we'll try to advise you further and find you some local support.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Hi @sheijetha
    So sorry to hear that you are having this experience. 
    Unfortunately these sorts of problems often take a while to get resolved. It is very important that you keep a diary of all the incidents with times, dates, who was involved and what happened. This is the sort of evidence that police, housing officers and other officials will need to understand the level of seriousness and persistence of incidents you are experiencing.
    Do continue to report incidents to the police, housing officer and sheltered housing staff. See if you can get support from your MP's office, their involvement can often make other agencies take the matter more seriously.
    If you think the harassment is because you are disabled what you are experiencing could be termed Hate Crime, in which case report it to:
    https://www.stophateuk.org/

Take Care and I hope you get some peace soon
    Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    I get disability hate crime from neighbours.
    Repetedly reported it to birmingham ainti social.team. they tell me "you have to put up with it cos your a cripple" 
    That tells me the asbu is FULL of hate crime against dissblef people.
    The wrong person ie Lisa is in charge.
    Youd think a council as big as birmingham woild deal.with it. But NO.
    SO HOW DO I TAKE THESE THUGS TO COURT MYSELF.  Proper details please 
  • steve51
    Hi @Misscleo

“Good Afternoon”

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

I have found some info for you below:

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/birmingham-civil-and-family-justice-centre

Please please let me know if I can help you further???
  • Misscleo
    Many thanks Steve 51. Problem been going on for years.  They have shoveled the snow off their drive and dumped it on mine today.
    Its knowing they know  the council/police have no intention of stopping them.
    If they done this cos i were bla k theyd be arrested do it cos im disa led and police  dont even tum up.
    Thanks again 
  • steve51
    Hi @Misscleo

I think we might need to get in contact with your local “MP’s office”

How do you feel ???

This should make people “stand up & notice”

We need to locate where your “MP’s Office” is ???

I can then search for it online.

Please please let me know how you feel ?????
  • sheijetha
    edited March 2018
    Steve thank you very much. Yes my MP is Steve. Pound. LBE. This is really getting me. These women make statements with the Police on fauls and totally out of order.  I went to spend weekend with my friend at his house and they followed me there too. My friendship with this guy has been ended. Going home to face more. I shall see to it tomorrow if anybody at the council can help. Totally helpless 
  • Misscleo
    Steve51 
    Each time trusted someone like asbu iv found after giving them loads evidence they do nothing with it.
    I had statments from 7 people they just kept them. 
    That includes my mp. So theres no point in contacting. If anything was going to be done it would already have done.
    So taking the council or police to court is all thats left for me

Brightness