Are we entitled to heating allowance? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are we entitled to heating allowance?

Options
foxyloxy59
foxyloxy59 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi just wandered if you could help me & my husband my husband is on pip & I get carers allowance are we untitled to heating allowance

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @foxyloxy59!

Have a look at our pages about warm home discounts, winter fuel payments, and cold weather payments - there's information about eligibility for each of them as well.

I hope this helps!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi foxyloxy and welcome

here is no heating allowance directly connected to PIP or  carers. But do check out the links as above

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @foxyloxy59 and welcome to the community.

Here is a copy of a post in another thread that might help:

Debbie_Scope Posts: 939 Chatterbox
    Hi Everyone,

We've been busy at the helpline taking lots of queries about heating and cold weather payments so I just wanted to share with everyone our Fuel Bills pages where you can find out about help available including a link to check if you're due a Cold Weather Payment in your area. I expect most areas are eligible at the moment.

I also wanted to let everyone know about Local Welfare Assistance Schemes if you're in crisis with your gas and electricity.

Speak to your energy provider first if you're struggling as they're often best placed to help in emergencies, especially if you're on a pre-payment meter.

The helpline team has been working hard over various sites including our homes for those of us unable to get into the helpline office. It's been a bit chaotic but we've been working hard to keep the service running and answer as many queries as we can.

We're just about to sign off for the week ready for another busy week next week.

Stay warm and stay safe.

Best wishes

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41206/defending-yourself-from-the-beast-from-the-the-east#mKhGQrbfA2p6w10B.99

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.