Working capability assessment (WCA)
Hi there ive just had my 2nd assessment in 3 month's for universal credit (WCA) and the difference in attitude from the first one was unbelievable on my first assessment I got the usual assessor who wrote her report as if it was somebody else not me,that assessment is now at the appeal tribunal sovi don't know when I'll get my decision, DWP meanwhile decided to send me for a second WCA in 3 month's even though I've appealed against the first one but this time I got a qualified nurse who understood everything I was going through and was completely different from my first experience.i can't understand why I was sent for my 2nd assessment and can only assume it's because ive appealed the first one and they are trying to put it right before the tribunal decision.watch this space.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.