ESA and Jobseekers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and Jobseekers

Norbi
Norbi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I too had to go court for ESA but when I was signing for Jobseekers they deducted that period. because you cant have two benefits if you apply for the other one and you are in court you supposed to wait for its decision. go to CAB citizens advice bureau. dont really on my issue because it may be different to you. Go CAB you find out everything. Although i applied for Jobseekers with the advice of CAB so what do they know lol

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Norbi and welcome to the community. Your post looks rather as if it was meant as a reply to someone else? But it is great to meet you.
    In case it helps, you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. Is there any way in which you think we might be able to help you?

Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    NorbiNorbi,

If your ESA is worth more than your JSA (jobseeker's allowance) then you would get the difference for the period you were claiming JSA. But if your ESA is worth the same amount (which for some people, it is), then there wouldn't be any extra benefit payable for that period. Hope that helps.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.