Enough is enough — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enough is enough

AbilityInAction
AbilityInAction Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi all,

My name is Gill and I am a disabled woman with several disabled friends and quite honestly, I am sick to death of how people with disability are being treated in this country. So, I wish to start a political party. No, I don't know how to go about it - no, I don't have a background in politics. But I do know this can't go on any longer.
Given it only costs £150 to start a party - and given there are thousands of us facing hardships of some form or other, I invite you - and anybody else who feels oppressed to join. When we have enough members, I will ask those who can to put £1.00 in, or whatever they can afford in order to get the party started.

If you are interested, please visit:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1349035641867426/

I look forward to seeing you there :-)

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @AbilityInAction

Good on you for trying to get the troops together I think theirs many disabled  that are fed up with being treated in this disgusting manner. But I woulden't hold your breath.

I would love to see an end to all this like many of us would, but in fairness theirs many campaigning against this cruel Government and no-one has managed a thing, I myself have had many talks with Debbie Abraham's on several occasions over this treatment to the disabled.

Her hands are also even tied in what she can do, believe me she even thinks it's a step to far and outrageous what this Government is doing to the less fortunate. I have made a personal statement to her regarding unfair treatment of being disabled and she knows if anything happens to me I will get my story published on how this system is unfair I myself like many have tried and succeeded in taking their own lives because we've all had enough.

The only way is I can honestly see things ever changing it's gonna be down to the voters to get this cruel Government out, but we need the votes and voters for this all to happen.

Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Fact
    Average Joe has little interest in disability and when it comes to voting it is every body for themselves
    In fact most people know nothing of disability,  they don't know any one with a disability and therefore  disability seldom enters their thoughts. They will take the stance that they should not be paying for us to swan about living the life of riley while they pay for it

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Don’t want to get political but who says that things will change if the Labour Party get in?
    they all say one thing then do a u turn

We already have? She will make change. These pompous fools need to be removed. 

So so what do you suggest? Nothing I guess.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• AbilityInAction
    Do not be fooled by what the press says. A LOT of able bodied people think the current system is appalling. Many people will either suffer from, or knows someone who suffers from a debilitating condition, in fact, I would say the majority do.

We will either be a pressure group or we will be a party. If we are a party, we will be coming up with other ideas attractive to voters for different reasons, yet we will always have pro disability measure at the heart of our party - this will be our party.

• AbilityInAction
    edited March 2018
    Update - we currently have 121 members - we have  goal of 150 before we settle on a name and create our own website/forum to be in the public domain.

• Salamka101
    Salamka101 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    @Governments_A_Joke

It would be good if it were possible to 'get the troops together' as you say but it will not happen. However you should never underestimate what even one single person acting alone can achieve. Never give up trying. Seen many of your comments on here and hope you realise how much you are appreciated. Joining a political party is not for me. I have a brain and just one face, a tendency to think things through and tell the truth. I'd make a terrible politician.

Salamka101
  • AbilityInAction
    edited March 2018
    @Governments_A_Joke

It would be good if it were possible to 'get the troops together' as you say but it will not happen. However you should never underestimate what even one single person acting alone can achieve. Never give up trying. Seen many of your comments on here and hope you realise how much you are appreciated. Joining a political party is not for me. I have a brain and just one face, a tendency to think things through and tell the truth. I'd make a terrible politician.

Salamka101

@salamka101

I agree one person can or could change the whole outcome? But and it's a big But? I do have an active role in getting the message to the right people and involved in many debates as are many others I know, I maybe knackered health wise now, but when I get the bit between my teeth I will fight for the cause and I do believe and say it as it is I know how far to push it let's say.

Yes I admire anyone that can and try to help the disabled I'm all for it.
    As we also know this Government seem to have this way of **** you jack attitude were alright.

The the starter of this thread is trying to give it a shot to make a change I admire that and I really do hope they can help make some form of change.

You've stated and also seen many of my comments. Again if they help anyone it's been all worthwhile and I thank you.

⬇️

Update - we currently have 121 members - we have  goal of 150 before we settle on a name and create our own website/forum to be in the public domain.

@AbilityInAction

Good to hear and looking forward to see the progress of this If and when it's up and running. I like your positivity's surrounding this, if I can I will try and be of use in anyway I can. Good luck and well done.
    ⬇️

• AbilityInAction
    edited March 2018
    Thanks all - we just need to get our name out there (hard at the moment because we are a closed facebook group) As soon as we have our name in place (when we have reached our 150 target) we will organise a public website/forum and get ourselves in the public eye :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AbilityInAction
    I can understand that Victoriad - but it isn't just about voting for another party, it is being instrumental in forming it - we propose ideas, debate them and then vote on them before it becomes part of our manifesto. The costing bit will all come in later on.

But I feel dreadfully sorry that your pension is being significantly reduced AND postponed :-( x

• AbilityInAction
    Just 15 more ppl to go before we can really kick off! If anyone is interested in joining our party that puts disability at the heart of our policies, please follow the link. We would be delighted to have you!

• Salamka101
    @AbilityInAction

Much as I admire your good intentions I'm not sure a Political party is the way to go. Standing for any election can be expensive especially if you lose deposits which is a real possibility. A pressure group might be a better route but even then 'disability rights' covers so much territory it will be hard work to get noticed. This government even ignores the UN Charter on disability that they signed up to.

Way back in the early 70's I was an active member of a pressure group called the DDAG that did have some success. If it would help in any way I would be happy to discuss the difficulties we faced any time.

In the meantime I do wish you every success in your efforts.

Salamka101
  • AbilityInAction

Thank you Salamka101, yes, a few members have discussed pressure groups and I am aware of the pitfalls you have discussed re: setting up parties, nevertheless there are pressure groups at the moment but we remain left in the dark ages. There will be a vote to decide between pressure group/party as everyone in the group should have their desires taken into account.

The good news is in 3 weeks we have recruited 149 members

Just one more member to go and we will have met our first target :-)

If anyone wants to join:-

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not on Facebook. 
    Not for me but all the best in finding your one extra person.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • AbilityInAction
  • Salamka101
    @AbilityInAction
    Congratulations! Now the hard work really does begin. One reason there are so many pressure groups that go nowhere is that it is next to impossible to get any agreement in a group of disabled people because inevitably every individual will have their own view. Even here I have met with harsh criticism from people who believe their disability has priority over all others.
    I sincerely hope you will find a concensus of some kind among your members and once a decision is made ALL will get behind it. I hope you will keep us all updated on your progress in this thread.
    Best wishes and fingers crossed

Salamka101. 
  • AbilityInAction
    edited March 2018
    we ran a poll to decide our groups direction - and I am delighted, as well as excited, to say we are going to form a party! 

So, this coming week, we are going to do everything we can to make that official :-D 

'Ability in Action'

:-D 

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Shame you can't organise a march, I would go in spirit wouldn't be able to physically do it. 

Any news on thrips court case re universal credit- it was meant to be this month. That could be a huge help to us.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.