tell me what is the point?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tell me what is the point??

maid08
maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
you claim benefits because you are ill or disabled you fill in a form which asks you how it affects you and states please enclose any medical evidence?? that bit is fun  as if you are refused you get extra evidence send it in they usually grant u benefits ???not further reassesses u???anyway u then send in the form and dwp contact you  for face to face ??people seldom get a decision from  form only and its refused  why because the person doing assessment does not fill in  what you say??on here the advice from some is its youerselfs that lose you benifits because you exsplain to much how you are  instead giveing proper answers like im  section 1 part b 4 points as i need help budgeting decisions   no we are not stupid  we just think others are honest ????NO POINT IN SAYING HOW IT AFFECTS YOU DAY TO DAY IF HONESTY IS NOT TWO WAYS

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    So true it does work both ways unfortunately Atos tend to put the opposite on the assessment report. Its so annoying waiting all those months to find out your report actually makes honest people look like they are liars.
    I am sure people dont want to be ill but to be honest the system is a shambles.

• maid08
    So true it does work both ways unfortunately Atos tend to put the opposite on the assessment report. Its so annoying waiting all those months to find out your report actually makes honest people look like they are liars.
    I am sure people dont want to be ill but to be honest the system is a shambles.

it is  but also in my view advice given does not help ?as i have stated acessers lie but we still get its us we ain't giving right info no its them lying or ignoring and no matter how you claim things affect you daily it will make no difference to your claim but after watching teli this morning re benefits  its no wonder such a hard stance is now happening

• lindadenise
    Yes it is i explained how my illnesses affect me daily and tried to explain how hard it is on a daily basis. 6 weeks later get my letter and all the went on about is that i could do the opposite to what i said. I took my eldest daughter with me and she stunned when i got the report. I have no trust at all with the assessment Atos or DWP they took the assessors report over 2 neurologists and GP unbelievable.
  • maid08
    edited March 2018
    Yes it is i explained how my illnesses affect me daily and tried to explain how hard it is on a daily basis. 6 weeks later get my letter and all the went on about is that i could do the opposite to what i said. I took my eldest daughter with me and she stunned when i got the report. I have no trust at all with the assessment Atos or DWP they took the assessors report over 2 neurologists and GP unbelievable.
    yes correct and DWP do use accessors report despite advice on here they don't??? they do and ignore doctors or consultants and like me you found no matter how you describe or give how you are day to day its not put down on report ?on here they claim the assessor uses the box to tick their choice  no they just tick what they think you mean?? such as blind in one eye has perfect sight grip perfect yet paralysed arm ??  mix with others no prob cos you speak to your children ??  that's true acesmant, not one where we must prove how we are day to day that view is deluded 

• lindadenise
    Yes so true i am so annoyed and i have no confidence at all in Atos or Dwp. I am sure they just set you up to fail, i was told that as i can drive i must have great strength and good powers of thought i found it patronising and damn right ridiculous. Basically disabled people shouldnt be able to drive if there that ill, well i was stunned to think that its more dangerous for me to walk as i fall over often. I am absolutely furious and basically they are calling my consultants Gp and me a liar.
  • maid08
    everything about it is a farce? but most of all its disgusting you can drive with no arms will they say that's not disabled although cars are built for it ? one thing tho i do think a lot who have mobility cars should not have them  as are not entitled to them  and i think we all know someone who has but should not ?but to say you are okay if you can drive but find walking a prob is ludicrous
  • maid08
    i can walk from dor to car across the road 25ft but can i walk back straight away not a chance in hel can i do it more than one nope never tried legs won't let me ?but i can walk half a mile to shop why??cos acesser stated that my choice hahaha

• lindadenise
    I feel that they dont care they just fail everyone and hope you dont appeal . I was stressed waiting for my letter but even more so now i have had to do MR. Will let you know how i get on im sure its a lo g long road ahead.
  • maid08
    best of luck and i hope it goes well

• lindadenise
    Thankyou maid08
    best of luck and i hope it goes well

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Do so agree there are many people i meet at hospital who brag about dis cars and blue badges and you know thsh dont NEED a disability car.
    I had 2 accesmsnts for a car they said it would cost thd tax payer £22.000 to fit out a car so i could drive it. 
    I thought it wssnt right to dump that bill on tax payer so DIDNT have the car.
    But i know loads of drivers who arnt disabled who have had the cars. Digraceful. 
    Someone should be looking wether these people should buy and run their csrs themselves 
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    As i said to my hubby he was very lucky to get low rate of mobility and carers with the PIP. why, because he had a nice honest assessor although. according to descriptors  he  should have got the enhanced rate of mobility but hey from what ive been reading hear the past year he considers himself very fortunate and no way was he going to appeal and risk coming away with nothing. Good job he  never went in for a mobility car though. He chose to save and buy his own when receiving the DLA.
    As to people having mobility cars that dont need them , well we have both seen plenty of these in the past, drivers parking and getting out and seen running along the road!  But these ones i think were those who got the DLA  not the PIP? 
    I so feel for all of you that clearly should be getting PIP and im gobbed smacked as to how so many are being hardly any points with such severe ailments and symptoms. Most cases shouldn't even be expected to have a face to face assessment. ! 
    The more i read the harder it seems to get this PIP and im seriously considering when my brown letter arrives not even bothering at all as it seems that M.E. is one of them conditions thats very hard to get PIP for.
  • belinda88
    belinda88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    It is a process that all disabled people applying for disabled benefits need all the support available from groups.charities as the process is de- humanising and upsetting
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @belinda88, I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the community! If there's anything we can assist you with, do let us know. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    The thing with the blue badge is isn't just for physical disabilities. I have invisible disabilities. I am not opting for the badge because wherever I go I will be getting comments like the above. You don't look disabled shame on you.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn’t even know I was eligible for a blue badge but Iv decided not to apply for one as I don’t have an obvious disability.
    But if anyone is receiving mobility standard rate they are entitled to apply for a blue badge, as far as I have been now told.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • susan48
    Hi Victoriad,
    i didn’t actually know about any of the other benefits I could claim.
    i too have to same as yourself, maybe I was told but can’t remember.
    i might just check the local council website as I can get a bus pass but can’t go on public transport due to anxiety.
    i am relying on my son and a friend for transport, not that I go out in the car much

Susan
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • susan48
    Thanks Victoriad,
    i don’t know how to message you on you wall!!
    tried looking but can’t see how I do it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.