How many people have to play heat or eat - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How many people have to play heat or eat

Options
2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @gillian29 Good morning  Thank you for reply.  I see reading this morning you post you have done a lot.

That is good.  I was just making a suggestion about your mental health.  I am a sort of person who suffered with these bouts of depression plus severe anxiety.

I am like yourself a proud person, do not complain about disability or illness.  Yet my friends  were concerned for my well being.

I had to admit that going to a doctor and saying what is wrong is never easy.

Since doing that twenty plus years ago, I have benefited extra support and gained insight the way I am.  When I meant support this includes some one visiting your house for a specific period of time.  Not easy I had trust issues.  You have some one their to talk to.  Some one to fight your corner benefits, doctors and anything else.  Especially forms and things like that.  Useful suggestions and advice. Stopping alcohol was a factor.  Plus diet and lifestyle.

Comes with knowledge also what has made a difference is saying to Doctor my illness.  Admitting to DWP as well is never easy yet I had to because you get advantages of extra money.

As I say that is why I have to be aware of my health situation I am in.  I am in daily flux of stress and anxiety.  Plus depression.  Because I have been to these Mental Health charities I am more acutely aware of my problems and how to cope.  This what they do.

I wish you the best.

I am still here to talk chat advise listen.

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it's disgusting in 2018 anybody needs to be torn between this choice. 

I think if you are seeking work, then the benefits system works to help you out short term. 
    But for those of us who can't work, depending on our conditions I actually don't see how is possible to have a life. 

The council once quoted to me that people who are ill stay in bed and therefore eat less! 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @whistles Pleased to meet you.  The great huge problem is also our ageing society.  Choices to live for the future very scary and there has been much discussion on the forums.

I agree with you comments and it is impossible to think how all of us who are in the age bracket 50 plus.  Is the benefit system working for me.  I am in a long term illness and disability.  Striving and struggling constantly to have a life.

My situation every day is why me lord, wish I had done this and that to look forward to what.

I remain positive and have days of being up beat.  Help my friends in the community much as I can.  Love what I can do to advise and give what time I have to people here.

No one ever tells you anything and asking for help and support when you were young was different.  Then in the seventies and eighties they was a bit more care in the jobs that people did.  A community now with the erosion of society, extended families broken up.   Long term employment, poor wages. By years of successive Government failings to just look after the wealthy and those avoiding tax.  This country is on it's knees.

I had in the last year or too numerous calls from fairweather friends got a room for sharing.  Because they are living on the edge, constantly asking me for advice and how and when and who to turn to.

Song says a change is going to come.  Where I ask?
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.