Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

vijay
vijay Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
Jus rang court to ask bout my hearing going to b she replies I have been on system 4 weeks and it will take another 21 weeks wot the hell if dwp did and looked at my change I wouldn't be waiting for so long very stressed 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Its disgusting the way the system is with Pip, if they looked at everyones claim properly in the first place this would not happen.
    Very very stressful.
    Good luck
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    edited March 2018
    vijay said:
    Jus rang court to ask bout my hearing going to b she replies I have been on system 4 weeks and it will take another 21 weeks wot the hell if dwp did and looked at my change I wouldn't be waiting for so long very stressed 

Sadly the wait is very long for a hearing, my wife's been waiting 31 weeks and she was told last week that the average waiting time is now 34-35 weeks.

As an example, if she does have to wait for the full 35 weeks then that would be 41 weeks in total, she had her PIP stopped 6 weeks before the appeal was logged by the Tribunals Service.

The sheer volume of appeals proves that the assessment criteria from the DWP is woefully broken.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
  • vijay
    Just received my appeal.papers just been checking them and dwp have ask the tribunal to dismiss the appeal wot the hell do thy think thy are to go in there favour it's making me very stressful. And very angry.I'm ready to go to this appeal
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Good on you the DWP will always try and dismiss us if they assessed everyone properly in the first place we would not have all this stress.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @vijay

It is standard practice for DWP to ask Tribunal to dismiss the appeal.  It is rare for a Tribunal to do so as DWP's arguments for dismissal usually are so weak, no grounds to speak of.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I have been stressed out with appeal waiting  so I decided  to ring appeals court  and go from here  I was very surprised. To b told   by very nice lady 8 weeks.or telephone  call as it said I would go anytime  I said  very  surprised  she said herself  yes this is  now  thinking  is it because  I will   in  out and know decision  now  maybe should not have rang up. 
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Had to have appeal in for Dec 14 2017
  • vijay
    It's not the 1st appeal I have this is my 5th appeal everytime I ring to tell them the change in my circumstances thy always stop it every every time and yet the appeal I had 2016 was told I would keep my pip until 2020 by the judges year after year this has happened sick of it all
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    i appealed my award in January 2017 waited 9 months for tribunal the decision was set aside new tribunal now in June and my review is due in December 
    Could end up appealing 2 awards at the same time.
    The appeal system is horrendous and the DWP  hope that claimants will realise this and not bother appealing
  • ruhi
    ruhi Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    i haved been another 30 week. am going on holiday so thy asked me to write a letter and explain why and where am going to:o :o:#
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    markyboy said:
    The appeal system is horrendous and the DWP  hope that claimants will realise this and not bother appealing
    Hence why the reason I jumped ship after having had 5 years of PIP hell.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.