Hello! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

AmyVW
AmyVW Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hello, my name is Amy and I am 26, i live in a small town in South Scotland. I have dyspraxia and it affects me physically, learning, emotionally and socially. I also have anxiety.
I live independently as both my parents have died, which is hard but ive done it since august 2011.
I am an Open University student in my final year to get my honours degree. I also work part time.
I am the Chair of the Board of Directors of a local cafe that gives young people with additional support needs(ASN) training in hospitality and retail. We basically want to show that they can achieve qualifications, learn new skills, make friends, have new experiences, have dreams, have ambitions and be the person the should be. While also showing local employers and the public that our young people can be a part of their community. 
If im not studying, working, at the cafe or with my friends then Im usually found around the country supporting my celebrity faves - Max Bowden, Gemma Oaten and Danny-Boy Hatchard and the Five to Five boys from The Band the Musical. 

Basically I want to change the world one little step at a time to show that young people with disabilities and ASN that they can achieve their dreams, can get education, training, employment. travel, have friends , have a social life like thier peers. We just got to change a few attitudes along the way.

Happy to help any fellow dyspraxic or a young person who is struggling.

Many Thanks Amy  :)
*Its all about seeing the ABILITY within the disABILITY*
*People who are different their time is coming* Tracy Turnblad - Hairspray 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AmyVW

It’s great to have you onboard!!!!!

“Wow” you sound very very busy!!!!!

That’s very “refreshing”

Please please let me know if I can help you in anyway????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AmyVW, and welcome to the community.
    Wow! What a positive and powerful post! I am hugely impressed, for what that's worth.
    It is a great pleasure to meet you here, and I'm going to put in a few words here that I regularly express to new members: You have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • AmyVW
    Thank you @JennysDad and @steve51 for the warm welcome. 
    I will be honest it has taken me a while to get to this stage in life where I accept my dyspraxia but also want to make a change.  And yes I do like to keep busy,lol 

I am looking forward to speaking to others on these forums but also to us my experiences to help others 

Thanks 
    Amy 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Honoured to meet you, @AmyVW. I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Best
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AmyVW, and welcome! Great to hear more about you and the work you do. Just let us know if we can be of any assistance!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AmyVW

That’s no problem, Its my pleasure!!!!!

Have a great evening!!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with???????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AmyVW
    Welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Zoey51
    Zoey51 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi there @AmyVW
    What a great intro, I'm sure everything you are doing to help others in the way that you do, I'm sure is very hard fought for, and I would like to say what an inspiration you are to everybody you come in contact with!! 
    If there is anything I can do to help chat or advise, then don't hesitate to ask Amy!!
    Very well done
    Take care Zoey.
  • AmyVW
    Thank you very much @Sam_Scope for the welcome and for @Zoey51 for the very kind words. It looks like I am coping but there is still many things i struggle with and so I am very happy to have finally joined Scope's online community.

Amy  :)

Brightness