Mental Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental Assessment

frogeyedsprite
frogeyedsprite Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a Son of 26 who has Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus. He is struggling to get his PIP sorted. I think he needs a mental health examination to prove he doesn't have the ability to hold down a job. How do I get a proper full report on his condition inclusive of physical & mental capabilities?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi I'm a newbie to this site. Who are the health professionals you see with regards to your son's problems. They should be the ones to give you a report on your son's mental and physical wellbeing. The CAB can help you fill out the form and include all medical evidence get in touch with the practice manager of your local surgery and she should be able to print off evidence let her know what it is for. Anything you send to the assessor or DWP send it by recorded delivery and keep copies of all medical evidence just in case. I wish you all the best in your endeavours. @Purposeful
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @frogeyedsprite, and welcome to the community!

Our mental health advisor, @RebeccaMHadvisor will be in touch ASAP and hopefully able to offer some guidance on seeking a mental health examination.

In the meantime, Citizens Advice have some great in-depth guidance on filling out the PIP form which you may find helpful. As @Purposeful says, you may also find it beneficial to seek face to face guidance from your local Citizens Advice if you're having difficulties.

Brightness