medication — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

medication

joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
Anyone  know  if. Codine  prostate  30mg .paracetamol 500  taken  4 times day  considered  low pain  relif. Thsnks

Comments

• sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Co-codamol 30mg/500mg is NOT low pain relief. 8mg/500mg is low, 15mg/500mg would be medium.

30/500 is a very strong pain relief pill.

Shady.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joyclyn, other community members are welcome to share their experiences with pain relief. However, as we're not medical professionals, I do have to advise that any queries or concerns about your medication should be discussed with your GP or a medical professional involved in your care, as they will be the best placed to help out.

If you're struggling with pain, you may also like to have a chat with our friendly chronic pain advisor, who may be able to offer some guidance!
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @joyclyn Hi has your assessor said that it' a Low dose?
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Joycelyn.
    I take those 4 times a day and my assessor didn’t consider it a low dose at all.
      Debsidoo.x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I am between treatments for rheumatoid arthritis so my RA is not controlled.  I take the maximum Naproxen each day plus 2 500/10mg co-dydramol 3 or 4 times a day plus 6 200mg ibuprofen a day and still I am in severe pain.  Hospital delayed start of new meds unnecessarily imo. I asked for treatment start date to be brought forward which it was but then kept been postponed!  Fortunately I already had an appointment at another clinic which none of the doctors or nurses seemed to be aware of!  So my new treatment should  be starting soon. Otherwise who knows how long I'd have had to wait.  And this is a 'top' teaching hospital!
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Hope I have not caused  trouble asking  about tablets  it was because the  assessor  has down. As low pain relief  thank you all who replied  
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem joyclyn, as Pippa says you should always  speak to your care proffesionals about any concerns with your medication

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    My assessor did the same - described Naproxen as a 'mild' painkiller to try and make my condition seem less serious than it is!  Naproxen is between moderate and strong.
  • Matilda
    Nurses would know about some meds but the paramedics wouldn't.  My assessor, a paramedic, couldn't even pronounce the name of one of my meds.
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Hi all am the same on zapain  when reguired and atriatripline 40mg and naparoxen when reguired  but all through my pip report on every activity is low pain releif any thoughts on this please would be great full I've not a clue around medication gp gives them me I take them 

Brightness