Lost my appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my appeal

mobbba
mobbba Community member Posts: 34 Connected
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I lost my PIP  appeal yesterday.  I felt like I was on trial it was so bad. 

I am heartbroken.  Just feel totally let down. Lost the appeal. I am 68 years old. I am crippled with Arthritis, need knee replacement, hip replacement, mid foot fusion and ankle replacement.  I have COPD, Asthma and mental health problems. I struggle to walk with the pain and breathlessness. All this is backed up by Consultants, Mental health professionals and my GP.  

I felt ridiculed by the Judge because I did not understand a question.  One major thing that has really upset me.  Something serious and bad happened to me some years ago causing me to have a mental breakdown.  I had therapy from Clinical Psychologist for 7 years and have since had CBT.

The judge asked me what happened..  I said I would rather not discuss this, she said well we can't progress then. The doctor stepped in and asked my advocate if she knew, to which she said no. He then said to me you need to tell us what happened.  I started shaking uncontrollably, I felt sick, was breathless. Not one of the panel asked me if I was ok. I then had to say what happened. 

I am so upset, to be honest I feel totally let down.  The grilling they gave me was the worst I have ever had to encounter.
Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41450/do-not-understand#upeWJyxfyfKZ8hwM.99

Comments

• dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @mobbba OH I FEEL FOR YOU I REALLY DO
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Mobbba, 
    i truly hope others help, advise and support you.
    i will help as much as I can but I’m quite new to this site.
    i can however just be there to help as much as I can

Susan

• sallylucy
    sallylucy Community member Posts: 10 Courageous
    Mobba that is awful and inhuman, as you are 68 can you not apply for attendance allowance now, it is worth a try, take care.
  • mobbba
    mobbba Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    SallyLucy  I suppose that will come later.  I have my mobility car which is obviously with DLA.  I wont be able to get a car with AA and its important to me to get out and about

Thanks
    Carole
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Hi @mobbba,

I'm so sorry about your appeal and having to go through something so horrible.
    Would you be interested in contacting our helpline? They can offer support and advice, especially if you would prefer to talk with more privacy after being forced to disclose something so painful: 

• Freephone: 0808 800 3333
    • Email: helpline@scope.org.uk
    • Textphone: Use Type Talk by dialling 18001 from a textphone followed by 0808 800 3333.

Are you considering getting legal advice? The Law Centres Network is a good place to look if you are.

Please update us on if you have talked to the helpline, or if there is any way that we can support you.

• joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    So Sorry  That  Sounded Terrible  For You I Am. Waiting for my appeal  and by what you have written  I have a lot in common  also age as you I am  terrified  I don't know how  none of us oldies have not had a heart attack  I really  hope things will turn around  for you this government have a lot to answer for  its who do you turn too ?????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.