Deep cushion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deep cushion

Options
Denise4
Denise4 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi dose anyone in the warwickshire area have a deep cushion my friends husband can use to help his recovery please 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Denise4 and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I don't have an answer to your question, I'm afraid, but others will be along who may have suggestions.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Denise4

Is this recovery from a surgery? Can they ask the medical professionals they have been dealing with?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Denise4

Welcome to the community.

As it is against the rules of this community for individuals to swap personal details I can't see that it would be possible for anyone here to arrange to loan your friends husband a cushion.

I totally agree with Sam_Scope  that if he has been discharged without equipment that is essential for him to appropriately positioned then he needs to be talking to the professionals (probably the Occupational Therapist) to see if they can provide him with something suitable or advise him specifically what he needs and where to obtain it.

However, I do recognise that that in this era of stretched resources it can be more difficult than it once was to get none essential equipment from the NHS/local authority, especially if the person's condition is considered temporary because they are expected to make a recovery.

In your area the Red Cross run a service aimed at trying to support people that are recuperating, if your friends husband can't get the support he needs from the NHS or local authority adult services it might be worth giving the Red Cross a call: 

http://www.redcross.org.uk/en/Where-we-work/In-the-UK/Northern-England/Staffordshire-West-Midlands-and-Warwickshire/LocalServices/Support-at-home

Best Wishes

Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness