INSURANCE DISCRIMINATION FOR DISABLED IS IT FAIR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

INSURANCE DISCRIMINATION FOR DISABLED IS IT FAIR

GeoffBosworth195661
GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
What I have come across is my insurance to travel has a whopping 43% increase from 12 months ago. I asked what is the breakdown was to come up with that figure. They did not know but get back to me which after two weeks I had a letter which after going through with the break down 34% was for administration. I asked the question why that amount is this justified and they said due to new updated equipment and training it is a very good deal. When I asked the same insurance in another area they replied with being in a wheelchair you are high risk. I asked how much for that risk am I paying 27% so I asked why is it I was told 34% was for administration the figures dont add up. I have forwarded this onto my own people to bring this up in Parliament and i have gone to a new insurer who is paying a 7% better payout and paying less on insurance by 14% The system needs a good looking into with disabled people this comes under in my eyes disabled discrimination.  

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Geoff?
    i totally agree regarding inflated insurance premiums, I can’t even get life insurance.
    have to go down the , pay for my funeral route.
    i hope parliament do something for disabled people to stop us getting either ripped off or declined 

Susan
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Well said its discrimination all righ
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Sorry my friend? But this whole Sorry country is in discrimination of the disabled, whatever it be? Anything to benefit a disabled population is a No no. 

Great Britain more like a joke Rip off Britain. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness