Hi, my name is sarahslade907! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sarahslade907!

sarahslade907
sarahslade907 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Im fed up i have lots of health propblems and had my payment stopped im depressed suicidal i have no money for food or bills how am i supposed to live

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sarahslade and welcome

Can you tell us a little more ?
    Which benefits have stopped ?
    When ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration?

There is lots of info on here about challenging decisions
    please have a look around and ask any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Sarah, @sarahslade907 and welcome to the community. I am very glad to have you with us and am deeply saddened to read of your situation. Sadly, you are not alone in struggling.
    It is important for you to know that this is a safe place and that you are among friends here. Whatever experiences you have had or are going through, whatever your troubles are or have been, you will almost certainly find people here who have experienced something similar, who care and can empathise with you. Don't hesitate to talk to us, to ask us questions or to tell us anything about yourself.
    It is no less important that if you are feeling suicidal, at the end of your tether (and no-one could blame you for that) you need to ring ring the Samaritans for free on 116 123. If you believe you are a currently a danger to yourself, please visit your local hospital immediately.
    Stay with us Sarah. You are among friends here and we will do our best to help.
    Please keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sarahslade907
    Welcome to the community, you are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

As @JennysDad says, you can also call the Samaritans to speak to someone who can listen and support you.

You can appeal a decision and there is support available to help you through the process, you could call the Scope helpline to speak to them about this on 0808 800 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JayJay62
    JayJay62 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Sarahslade,
    I'm so sorry to hear of the bad situation you're in. I know how easy it is to feel depressed and alone. I'm new on this forum so I don't have a lot to add regarding practical help, but I do know there is help out there. And sometimes just a cyberhug can make you feel less alone. Knowing somebody cares is important in this fast paced world that seems to whirl by with no care for those who, through no fault of their own, find it hard to keep up. I do feel that this forum is important in that respect just as much as it is for practical help. I haven't had any responses to my own request for advice on my situation yet, but it's early days. Please don't feel you're alone. I know sometimes the world seems dark and frightening - believe me, I've been there!  There are so many people on here ready to reach out to help. Hope you can find your way out of this bad situation. 

Brightness