Backdated money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated money

Options
tina1888
tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hi there
I was on dla low rate getting £88 per month I applied for pip and got it. 
We called them first on Dec 12 form was to be back for Jan 21 it was back the week before and assessment was Feb 1.
My last payment of pip was Feb 13.
They have told me they will start my payments on March 28th with my first payment in the bank on April the 19th. Is this right?
Thank you anyone who can help I'm confused x

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @tina1888 as you where on DLA that's paid 4 weeks in arrears. So in effect from the PIP decision that's paid in arrears too, that means after a decision is made by the CM it's always behind as it stands that make sense you will get PIP in April.

So in effect if the CM awarded you on say the 1st January your DLA will be paid 4weeks after (end of Jan) then add another 4weeks then PIP will be paid as they have to wait a month after a CM decision in this case would be in February.

Also to add you will not get backdated money from moving from DLA to PIP. Even if the PIP is higher.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• tina1888
    Options
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi tina

Have you got your decision letter ?
    DLA should be paid for four weeks from the date of the decision. PIP is then payable from the following day.
    However, There may be an adjustment to be made to put you on a new four week payment cycle. This should all be explained in your letter but if not you should ring DWP and ask for an explaination

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • tina1888
    Options
    It is dated Feb 24th. So they saying first payment April 19th. Thanx for replying.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.