Has anyone had a PIP REVIEW before it's due to end a year before WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER ASSESMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone had a PIP REVIEW before it's due to end a year before WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER ASSESMENT

dee4848
dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
Mine isntnt due to be reviewed till 2020 but I'm just curious if they do a ot without having another assessent..Thanks.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    A PIP review will always involve a new assessment and new decision. You will either receive an AR1 or a PIP2 form to complete, You might be required to atted a f2f or rarely the assessment can be completed on paper.

The DWP do have the right to review at any time but usually will be as per your decision letter unless they receive other information

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dee4848
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    dee4848   oh if only they did just review without another f t f   assessment and allow you the full 3 yrs as well! before they did so!. Think you should only have to go through it all again if you feel your circumstances have changed for the worse but then ive read once you accept what ever rate you got the first time and are over 65 there is no ever getting the higher rate or am i wrong does anyone know?
  • dee4848
    edited March 2018
    @sue66 if my condition does get worse which no doubt it will, I daren't say anything because if read where people have said it has and got the lot took away. I don' get it 
  • CockneyRebel
    sue66 said:
    dee4848   oh if only they did just review without another f t f   assessment and allow you the full 3 yrs as well! before they did so!. Think you should only have to go through it all again if you feel your circumstances have changed for the worse but then ive read once you accept what ever rate you got the first time and are over 65 there is no ever getting the higher rate or am i wrong does anyone know?
    This applies to the mobility rate.
    If at retirement age you receive enhanced mobility as long as you meet the criteria you will continue to
    If you receive standard then this is all you can receive even if your needs change
    If you are invited to appy for PIP from DLA after retirement age, that assessment will set your mobility as above

CR
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi dee4848. i spoke to the people at pip a couple of weeks ago and i was told that my pip would end in 2022 but i was going to have a review in 2121. i have asked them to look at my pip again as it looks like i should have been given enhanced daily living i got 18 points but they sent me a letter saying that my pip would not change and i have been left on standard. not sure if this will change in 2022 i will just have to wait and see.
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi deb

If you believe that you should have the enhanced rate then have you considered an appeal to tribunal ?

If your condition gets worse then you can apply for a change of circumstance

The review that you have in 2021 will produce a new decision which will supercede you current award

CR
  • dee4848
    @deb74 Hi yes either way is a fight if you say no change might be reduced or taken away or if you say worse might be reduced or taken away ..anyway good luck in 2021
  • dee4848
    @CockneyRebel I must say your advice to everyone is great
  • CockneyRebel
    Thank you dee, I try my best to help

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.