PIP payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP payment

llanddwyn
llanddwyn Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi all, just found this site. I suffer from crohns, and have done so since 2011. I have been on dwp payments, and applied for pip payments. just received a letter today, refusing my claim totally. I am in shock here. trying to work things out, next step, etc. just cannot believe it. does anyone know of help, how to get through / win an appeal, any information would be much appreciated. thanks in advance. apologies if this has been posted incorrectly.

Comments

• mosy
    mosy Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    My husband was on dla  he had a stroke and has Alzheimer'  and was turned down for pip. We went to Cab and they done all the work for us .We have not won yet our appeal date this week we have been waiting for 15 months now .Keep fighting for it  .But make sure you get some professional help Good luck x
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi to you both, llannwyn, mosy 
    i agree to get professional help.
    i didn’t and found it all extremely overwhelming and wish I had.
    i was really lucky, only had to wait 3 months on my tribunal and won, can’t remember much about it but won.
    it a long hard road but be strong if you can

Susan
  • llanddwyn
    hi, thank you for replying. feel for you and your husband x. the way this new system works is unbelievable. it just feels as though they think my illness has gone, i am better, cured, etc. i know there are so many people worse off than me, but. will contact the CAB, was wondering if local MP, worth contacting to try and help. just feel so numb this afternoon. thank you, all the best to you both xx
  • susan48
    Llanddwyn, 
    they make it as hard as they can so you give up, please don’t.
    there are people out there worse than us all but you still should fight for what you feel you deserve.
    If I ever have reviews, assessments etc I will definitely see CAB.
    not sure about your local MP but if you don’t ask you’ll always wonder, it worth a cal,, letter or email.
    Susan
  • llanddwyn
    thanks susan48, professional help?cab? or could you advise / recommend other help please. i had a GP letter with original application, but it appears dismissed / rejected, or they haven't read it. will try and calm down, relax and start putting things in action beginning of week.
  • susan48
    Hi llanddwyn, 
    i mean CAB or your local law centre if your area has one.
    the fact they didn’t read the GP letter is wrong, what’s the point in asking for one if the don’t read it or take notice of it!!!
    the systems disgusting, make me so angry.
    yes, try a relax and give yourself a day or so to think.

im sure plenty people on here will give you knowledgeable advice 

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @llanddwyn

You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) and if this is turned down appeal to a Tribunal. CAB or similar can help you with MR and appeal.

Have you asked DWP for a copy of the assessor's report?  You'll need this for the MR.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear about your experience, @llanddwyn. You may also like to have a look at Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and please do come back to us with any questions.
  • mosy
    mosy Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hy yes contact your MP. We also had her back up she said that the time we waited and how we were treated was unfair  x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.