Altered payment day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Altered payment day

whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
I have always been paid xx day, now it's going to be xx day.  They are using the payment day as the one after I was given my pip decision on, when they printed the letters. Coincidence perhaps.

Could I ring them and actually ask for it to be as it was?  Surely the most logical and simple thing is for your payments to be in the same day.

Ps. We need a thread called what the benefits system don't tell you. They are not on the same page!

Pps. I need to be gathering evidence of how this is effecting me because it can used in the review. They scored me a zero for budgeting. I am needing to come here for help and support to get my head around it. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi whistles

They have a pre determined payment cycle, as PIP starts the day after your DLA ends

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    So people's esa payment day changes when you go to pip? 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I never gave that a thought to be honest. As long as I get paid I am happy :) 

Mine are paid on the same day of the week, ESA every two weeks, PIP every 4 weeks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • gillian29
    gillian29 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I’m happy now I’ve got my severe disability back and they
    have back dated it from when they stopoed
    it.I get child tax credit
    on a Wednesday and easa every
    other Thursday and pip every four weeks on a Thursday.Its always been the same days 
    gillian x
  • whistles
    I might ring them then because it will make my life easier to be on the same day.

I do feel, unless the computers would crash that all on the same day would make budgeting easier, for some of us who struggle already. 
     :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    When transfering from DLA to PIP your payment day will always be different. As CR said PIP starts the day after your DLA ends.

No your ESA day doesn't change when you're awarded PIP. They way the work out ESA, JSA and IS payment days is totally different to PIP/DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • whistles
    I think I will wait and see. :)
    The esa letter has given me two dates, one when my money will drop and the second after the election it's an extra £2. Both days are a Saturday. 
    But it could mean they are taking about the actual week rather than money goes in Saturday so you are now Monday. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.