PIP review? — Scope | Disability forum

PIP review?

Minnieminx Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have arthritis and nerve damage to my back and knee. I went to a pip examination and had a job to find the venue!
A room in a marriage counselling building ?????  To cut a long story short I was awarded pips.   This was reassuring ....but they will review?? it in June next year.?   It matters not that I have not changed in 3 years, Had all sorts of treatments xrays m r I  hydrotherapy, physio thearpy ,muscular skelatal clinic, pain clinic now.


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Minnieminx and welcome to the community. Please accept my apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner. Like many here, I'm a volunteer and it would appear that we were a little short yesterday, so again my apologies.

    I am not an authority on benefits, but we do have people here who are and who will get back to you in due course. Please bear with us :smile: and keep in touch.

    I have, of course, read a good many stories like your own, so you will find plenty of others here who will share your feelings.  Whilst you're waiting, you might like to have a look at our Talk about PIP/DLA forum here https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla. Indeed, your post will probably be moved to that forum quite soon.

    Please be confident that this is a safe place and that you are among friends here. Whatever experiences you have had or are going through, whatever your troubles are or have been, you will almost certainly find people here who have experienced something similar, who care and can empathise with you. Don't hesitate to talk to us, to ask us questions or to tell us anything about yourself. The better we get to know you and how you feel, the more easily we may find ways to help you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.