Tramodol dosage — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tramodol dosage

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
After. Re reading Governments A Joke post on Tramadol, if the daily dose of Tramadol is 300g and I am taking 400mg, my dose cannot be referred to as low.  Forgot to mention that I also take 2 paracetamol at the same same to boost the effects of the Tramodol.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @charlene just found further evidence on yours as it's quite some amount you take I was lead to believe the max per day was 300mg.. So yes you are on some significant amount.

Tramadol is a strong painkiller. As stated in the NHS It’s used to treat moderate to severe pain, for example after an operation or a serious injury. 

The dose can vary but you should not normally take more than 400mg a day.
    See the NHS guide on it here https://beta.nhs.uk/medicines/tramadol/
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• charlene
    You are a star. I keep checking the label and yes I am taking 400mg with 8 paracetamol a day. Maybe the assessor thought I wouldn't read her assessment and role over dead!!
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    tramadol 50mg take 1 or 2 four times a day i take one purely because of how they make me fel two if i really cant handle the pain in groin so yes its a big dose if you also take paracetamol

charlene said:
    You are a star. I keep checking the label and yes I am taking 400mg with 8 paracetamol a day. Maybe the assessor thought I wouldn't read her assessment and role over dead!!

@charlene Glad it's help you understand further regarding it I've also learnt something too. Trust me those assessors are no better than being a puppet for this Government to mess up people's lives, nothing less nothing more.

I can only 4x50mg per day as I'm on some serious Morphine, and being a walking zombie is not much fun.

You take care now and prove what is right and you will win. Stay strong.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• maid08
    charlene said:
    charlene said:
    you want to ease of one ot those tablets try the tramadol or you will be in for kidney trouble

• charlene
    Thanks maid08. The doctor does check my kidney function once a year, but thanks for the 'heads up'.  The doctor has told me not to use Ibrobuthen(?) to save my kidneys, I think, it's been a long day.
  • maid08
    charlene said:
    Thanks maid08. The doctor does check my kidney function once a year, but thanks for the 'heads up'.  The doctor has told me not to use Ibrobuthen(?) to save my kidneys, I think, it's been a long day.
    i am limited to pain tablets due to heart condition  but tramadol seem to help me  so im okay 

• charlene
    That is so good maid08.  I think I should head for bed.  Am going to lunch with a young friend, who has learning difficulties.   Have tried to say to here to get some support as she will be assessed soon, but it just goes over her head:(
    @charlene I think this maybe appropriate to read as we don't really know how your Tramadol is given to you and why? But 400mg is very strong. 

The best person is how prescribed this to you in the first place ie your DR/GP.

Tramadol is a strong painkiller. It’s used to treat moderate to severe pain, for example after an operation or a serious injury. 

It’s also used to treat long-standing pain when weaker painkillers no longer work. 

Tramadol is available only on prescription. It comes as tablets, capsules and liquid drops that you swallow. It can also be given by injection but this is usually only done in hospital. 

See this useful guide to understand fully what doses can be taken and in what circumstances for.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/tramadol-hydrochloride.html

See NHS here https://beta.nhs.uk/medicines/tramadol/

⬇️

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Tramadol is serious stuff and it's possible to get hooked on it, especially at the dosage you're on.    It gave me the shakes, constantly drowsy, and had me a total zombie.  If at all possible can I suggest that you get back to the doc and try changing because I personally would prefer a level of pain instead of having to endure Tramadol.  Best wishes.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• charlene
    I do know it has to be put on a separate prescription and has to be written up in my doctor's drug book.  I have also to sign for it.

Also, since you can now be charged with being under the influence of drugs driving, if I cause a car accident and it is my fault, I will be charged with that offence.  Because it is an opiate I would fail a drug test!
  • charlene
    Not good exdvr.  Thankfully I do not get any of those symptoms.  My doctor told me months ago that I was most probably addicted. Said to try and leave them of, one day a week.
  • charlene
    Thank you Government is a joke.  That reading is serious stuff, whatever the assessor was thinking about I don't know, saying I was on a low level of pain relief.  However it has given me  something to use when I do my MR.
    edited March 2018
    charlene said:
    Thank you Government is a joke.  That reading is serious stuff, whatever the assessor was thinking about I don't know, saying I was on a low level of pain relief.  However it has given me  something to use when I do my MR.

@charlene I'm glad to help. Yes serious indeed how they can say you on a low dose is beyond me? and now you know where you stand a little better and having a better insight surrounding its effects.

Now regarding driving, I have had a chat with NHS 111 regarding the driving law I would advise you do the same.

I did speak with the Police but they was a waste of time and unhelpful?

Since then I have now had an in depth chat with a NHS Doctor on the number above and he explained it in fine detail, and Yes  I'm over the limit But I can still drive with all the medication I'm on as long as you are not effected or drowsy etc, basicly don't drive straight after your meds give it a couple of hours to settle down if I have to go a mile or so I will miss a dose so I'm safe to do it otherwise I couldn't live with myself if I killed someone or a child, as a rule I get someone else to drive for me now.

just bear in mind you will be over the driving limit but as long as you keep your prescription list In the car you should be fine, again I would get those Tramadol reduced as you on double of what I'm on.

As I pointed out to you I'm on a lot of other medication too 8 types of pills and 2 inhalers. I also have to sign for 4 of my medications too.

I myself won't drive unless absolutely necessary for those reason above.

If you do drive just be mindful.
    ⬇️

Brightness