Pip directors — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip directors

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
if a Pharmasist makes  you up a weekly dosette box which director should be ticked.  Forgive me if I have the name wrong.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @charlene, from memory I think it was question two, but on the application form one of the questions is can you take medication on your own without being reminded or helped. So read the question relating to this and tick the box relevant to your condition and state why you need and use this method of taking your medication because you will be asked why you do this at your F2F. Good luck.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi charlene

A dosette box might be classed as an aid but it is of little use as is only worth one point

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Charlene,
    I put that I use a dosette box and need call/help to fill it and take meds. As CR says I got 1 point.

I got more points for this at Appeal but 1point might be the difference between getting or not getting an award.

Susan
  • charlene
    My Pharmasist makes up my dosette box.  You would think it was worth more than one point.  If I am correct I have 14 points, and yes 1 point can make all the difference in getting an award and not.
  • susan48
    I hope you get the award.
    thinking about it, it would help me to have the pharmacist make up mine, some meds a months supply and the other 2 weekly and I get confused.
    Do I need to ask my gp about this or the pharmacist?

Susan
  • charlene
    I had a word with my doctor first, explained I was in a right pickle trying to remember taking what and when.  He referred me to the pharmacist and had a short interview and bingo.  The pharmacy will also delivery yours meds.
  • charlene
    Also I feel every little help, if you tell someone you get confused, have a bad memory little things like having a dosette box made up for you, reinforces what you are saying.
  • susan48
    Thanks Charlene,
    The ladies in the chemist where I get meds get confused so no chance for me, I need to write on the box and they try there best to remind me.

I will write myself a note to ask the doctor 

Susan
  • charlene
    Lol all the best.
  • susan48
    Thanks, you too
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I got no points for having a rosette box because I fill it myself. Of course, 1/2 the time I don't fill it, and then I screw my meds up. :/
  • susan48
    Waylay 
    I was lucky then to get 1 point, I have to be supervised to fill it but I’m going to ask my doctor about getting the pharmacist to do it, Charlene’s posts 

Susan
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Keep taking the pills safely, best wishes to all our loyal and helpful members.
  • charlene
    That brought a smile to my face Waylaying.  I would sit here normally on a Saturday, doing exactly what you did.
  • susan48
    That’s a shame, lillybelle,
    but as you still need help, your hubby, to be able to take medication, you still need help regardless of what it is

Susan

• susan48
    Let me know what they sai, it would be interesting.
    im no expert or been in here long but in sure CR or other could help you.

good luck x
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Argh! I *hate* them. Usually my hatred is reserved for abusive ex-stepfather and abusive ex-fiance, but in the past 8 years it has widened to include a very large number of people (DWP, ATOS, Maximus, Capita, a very small number of Tribunal members).
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    my meds sit on unit if i put them out myself as i go to get a drink then sit down to watch teli i then get asked if i took my tabs yes i say??say two hours later ?why are they on the unit then so now they are sorted and given to me i can remmber last week but not ten mins ago
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Waylay said:
    Argh! I *hate* them. Usually my hatred is reserved for abusive ex-stepfather and abusive ex-fiance, but in the past 8 years it has widened to include a very large number of people (DWP, ATOS, Maximus, Capita, a very small number of Tribunal members).
    i hate everyone these days  not fair really as i tore into lad doing my blue badge cos he said i did not have correct paperwork but he told me to bring it  his mistake i had correct in first place thats me done for day then i just cant calm down
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is ordered, collected, made up and supervised. I scored zero.
    The assessor felt I had no cognitive, mental, intellectual blah blah issues when he saw me briefly for 90 minutes.
    Just because you have someone do something doesn't mean they will agree.
    That point wouldn't help me. 

I struggle with stairs- it says that's outside the scope of pip. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness