Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

min
min Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hello everyone I am new to this site and was wondering about the time it takes me to Walk? I can stand with an aid and walk 20 meters but I could not repeat this again without first resting and I am also in severe chronic pain in my legs , hips and back how can I time myself is this what I have to do? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi min and welcome

The mobility element refers to distance but HCP's are trying to ask how long and pushing people to say 2-3 minutes which does not sound much

The following is an approx guide

normal walking                =  90 metre per minute
    Slow walking                   =  60 metre per minute
    very slow walking            =  < 45 metre per minute

So as you can see 20 metre is walking less than 30 seconds

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • min
    Thankyou for your advice I thought I was mad as I’m struggling to walk the pain is unbearable to the point I cannot even concentrate I just want to rest or go bk to bed I feel like people think I’m exagerating but at the moment I’m on the most meds I can take being morphine and naproxen my pain threshold is getting less and less I’m counting in my head as I struggle to walk then lose count when the pain gets worse yesterday I went into my garden and was in that much pain had to sit in the rain and rest for approx 15 mins before I could get bk into my back kitchen it’s exposing all this to the dwp or should I x 
  • min
    I meant to say explaining 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Min,
    CR has more knowledge than me but I think you need to explain fully what the difficulties are.
    Are you already getting a PIP award?
  • min
    Hi I was getting enhanced for both parts and had an assessment in Dec and moved to standard for both my home assessment was awful the lady who assessed me didn’t document e erything I told her I recieved 11 points daily living and 10 moving around I have just posted my app for appeal ( mandotory came bk same just copy and pasted over ) thanks 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Min, 
    go through what you disagree with and write a summery description and what decipher applies.
    or go to the CAB, they can help filling either MR or Appeal form.

like 8 said I’m not up on the process like lots of knowledgeable people on here.

Good luck though, oh and someone also said to keep a daily diary for the Appeal.

Susan
  • min
    Thankyou your so kind x I will keep you updated x 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi min

As always, if possible get advice from CAB or similar
    You should explain in as much detail as possible how and why your walking is affected. Give examples of what happens, how long you need to rest etc
    Keep a daily diary as evidence of your problems

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • min

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.