Hi, my name is malabar! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is malabar!

malabar
malabar Community member Posts: 4 Listener
ex  m/n  ex  r.a.f.  sales  baker  21  yrs  part  time  coast  guard  in  rhyl  3 girls  2  grand  kice now  retired  got  dog   wlfe  dead  15  yrs  ok

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @malabar

and a warm welcome to the community. We are glad to have you with us. It is important for you to know that this is a safe place and that you are among friends here. Whatever experiences you have had or are going through, whatever your troubles are or have been, you will almost certainly find people here who have experienced something similar, who care and can empathise with you. Don't hesitate to talk to us, to ask us questions or to tell us anything about yourself. The better we get to know you and how you feel, the more easily we may find ways to help you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• malabar
    ik  seems  good  suffer  with  p.t.s.d. from forces  xx

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @malabar
    and it is good to hear from you. My respects to you for your roles in the RAF and coastguard. Both organisations I admire.
    You might like to look at the link to conversations on mental health issues here https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues I am sure there are others in the community who have experience PTSD and will be glad to hear from you.
    You were a part-time coastguard at Rhyl? A long, long time ago that was a very popular holiday destination for my family (myself, my mother and my brother). I remember it with great affection.
    As I said before, you are among friends here. Don't hesitate to ask us anything or tell us anything that might enable us to offer you support.
    Warmest best wishes, always,
    Richard
  • malabar
    ok  cheers  that we  all  need  help  st  times

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
  • malabar
    cheers   for  that  am   delighted

Brightness