PIP letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP letter

tombo
tombo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I received a letter today dwp pip saying they now have everything they need regarding my pip award and they will write to me soon. Why do they send this letter it only caused me stress.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi tombo and welcome

It is just a standard letter
    Have you had a f2f assessment ?
    If so have you requested a copy of the report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • tombo
    I had f2f 3wks ago and it was very challenging assessor was very defensive and l was really upset. I that to appeal pip 2 years ago and won at tribunal. I could not go through that again as l have had cancer and can't deal with the stress.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tombo

Good Morning!!!!

It’s great to meet today!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your “pip”

Do you have someone (Family/Friend) who goes with you to the “f2f”

Sorry for another question!!! 

Have  you got a local “CAB”

They should be able to  “Help /Support” with things.

If you don’t know please get  back to me & I will see what can do for you!!!  
  • tombo
    I worked to help individual to find education training or employment within the voluntary sector and did go to cab for assistance. If l am turned down this time for pip I am just going to apply for it again not go for mandatory reconsideration. l will keep you updated.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Best wishes in your appeal 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    I got this on March 12th. Letter dated March 6th. Anyone know roughly how much longer I have to wait?
    Shady.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @sdoc94
    Just be patience,,I know it's easy said than done. Have you got a copy of your report? This will give  you an ideation of what your award may be. You will have a few weeks to wait before the ward letter arrives it all depends on the decision makers work load in your area, I had to wait 10/12 week from f2f to getting letter.
  • sdoc94
    No, in Northern Ireland we cannot get a copy of the report until the decision has been made. Hate that!
    Shady.
  • sdoc94
    @wilko

Forgot to give you an update. I got standard DL and enhanced M until 2021.

Backpay to Jan' 18.  :smile:

Shady.
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    All  spk  about  assessment!  So in one hour  this  non- doctor  can over turn every  medical report from  doctors  and  put in writing that   any  person  can  do  A.B. C.etc    It  is  a  fix   to  reduce persons from  getting  this entitlement .

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @sdoc94, thanks for update, same award as me, mine was for change of circumstances. Still driving  my own car as don't want or need a mobility car. Great news PIP does work it all those moving from DLA to PIP that have the problems. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.