PIP All Lies... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP All Lies...

2»

Comments

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    @deb74, Lol.......You could stack shelves or pick up litter with your good arm on a good day?  Or secure a place on the GB (Scotland) curling team ; )
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi sleepy. that comment really made me laugh!!! thanks for cheering me up i am having a bad day today.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    @Salluk, Good to know you are doing your best to look after your brother the whole process of trying to get help is so draining and the people that need the most help are the ones that are least likely to get any without some support from family.
    The government seem quite content to redirect the money they originally  allocated to helping people in need to now spend most of that expenditure paying private companies that employ some people with very little medical knowledge to stop them receiving it. Tribunal services will also be taking a big chunk out of the kitty no doubt!!

They don't care what stress it causes to you, your brother or any of us, logic does not appear to be something that prevails with the powers that be.......Power happy people trying to score points?
  • Salluk
    Salluk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    @sleepy1 My brother did have a ESA assessment after failing the pip, I managed to get him to agree to a local appointment, he was put into support group, here is the strange thing, the ESA assessor didn't understand why he wasn't awarded pip as in her own words, it's very apparent your brother suffers greatly because of his illnesses. She said as I had presented the same evidence to them (ESA) as to the pip it made no sense that he was refused pip. I was amazed that someone in this field finally saw and understood what we are going through. The down side she said one department can't direct another department what to do. Left scratching my head on this totally confused, my brother because of his paranoia now thinks its a personal attack on him from the pip and has refused any doings with them, and for a peaceful home I agreed with him that we do not seek an appeal. Yes his lost money but he says rather live in poverty than be called a lier. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Salluk, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's experience and I can only image the impact this has had on you as a family. Given your situation, I wonder whether you may find it beneficial to give the Scope helpline a call, to see if they can advise any further? If you'd like to speak to somebody, the contact number is 0800 800 3333 (free). Please do keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.